Friday, September 24, 2010

Repost: A Poem About My Boobs

Today I am reposting this entry that was originally put up in July, 2008. That was when Sally was 9 months old and I'd finally quit nursing her. Now little Violet is 10 months old and I've just quit nursing her. I'm a little sad, a lot glad, and just generally relieved. Here's to sleeping through the night!

Hooray! Hooray! Today is the Day!
Today my nursing bras are all put away!

No more flaps! No more nursing shirts!
No more drips onto my pants and my skirts!

My boobs are no longer for the wee little one.
Now I can use them for all kinds of fun.

I can finally wear a REAL bra - one with lace
My husband's approval is written all over his face.

Now, my melons are larger, I cannot tell lies
But more fills a bra than simply the size

Where once was a pair of nice perky cantalaupe
Has been replaced by ziploc pouches of liquid soap

If you've nursed a babe then my words will ring true
And for any who hasn't, well, my areolas envy you

My girls are old war vets, they've seen the front lines
They've been bit, pulled, and chewed so many many times.

So I'm glad to be able to wear the dress I like so much
that zips in the back and hides my stretch marks and such

I guess they will fall and point south pretty soon
so I'll get 18-hour support for morning, night, and noon

And if I hit the lottery and meet Dr. 90210
my boob-fat and tummy will all have to go

But until then I'm stuck with the body God gave me
And the help of 4 5 pregancies - nothing could save me!

Thank God for the love of a husband so kind
Thank God, it's true that love must be blind!

12 comments:

stephanie (bad mom) said...

How absolutely brilliant! Am thinking, however, this may not be particularly compelling to my high school poetry students...But for me, brilliant.

Thanks for visiting me and giving Paris advice :D

Starshine said...

Oh my gosh, that is the funniest thing! I'm reading this snickering, trying not to wake up my sleeping husband. LOL!

Scary Mommy said...

LOL!!! Hilarious! I dream about a tummy tuck & boob job. Maybe, maybe someday!!

And SITS is a site that connects you to other blogs. They featured me earlier in the week, so lots of people came because of it...

http://thesecretisinthesauce.blogspot.com/

Thank for coming by!! :)

Jennifer, Playgroups Are No Place For Children said...

That? Is hilarious! I love it! Stumbling it...

Memarie Lane said...

My husband promised me that I'd get my boob job once I wean the last baby. Who will be born in two months.

Donna-Michele said...

best post so far... maybe ever. this will be tough to top, even for you!

Yes, I am reading back through your old posts to 'catch-up', now that I have found you.

Shasta said...

Oh this is sadly so true lol :)

Diane said...

Oh, I sooo get this! I breastfed my "baby" (who is now 7) for 19 months. 19 months! That's insanity!

Robyn said...

This is too funny! I nursed two babies (4 years apart). My husband hates when I make fun of the girls because they look like softballs in tube socks!

Shannon said...

Sorry to be redundant, but LOL!!!!
Preach it, sista!

Eat. Live. Laugh. and sometimes shop! said...

Love that! Brilliant and oh, so true!

nicole said...

Love it! I might borrow it when I am done nursing. ;)