Friday, August 22, 2008

It's Happening...

Today I was riding home from the pool with Peppermint Patty (seated in the way back of the people mover), Linus (seated in the middle next to Sally in the carseat), and Charlie Brown, in the front seat next to me. Yes I know, major no-no to put a child under 12 in the front seat. But we've already had an accident with him in the front, a fender-bender as a matter of fact, and he survived. The air bags didn't even deploy. Will have to check with Dodge on that.

Anyway, Charlie Brown loves to mess with the radio. He loves to switch stations, turn the volume up & down, move the fade from left to right, back to front, change the treble and the bass, etc. Today, as he's switching stations, he comes upon a heavy metal song. He listens for a minute or so, then I change it to something else. He immediatly shouts, "No Mom! Go Back! Go back! I liked that!"

I responded with, "How can you like that? It's not even music. It's 'banging, banging, banging.' There's not even any music or singing."

Oh God, those are the EXACT words my mom said to my brother when he was 16. It is official. I have morphed into my mother. And, by the way, my mom has also morphed into her mother.

Suddenly I have the urge to go to a dance club or chug a tequila shot, whatever it will take to erase that vision from my head.

3 comments:

Bridgett said...

It's all right...I'm skipping over my mother and turning into my grandmother (dad's mom, in this case).

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Scary, but yet sort of a compliment, eh?

KEEP BELIEVING

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Hey we all knew it WOULD happen....