Monday, August 4, 2008

Republican Ketchup

I have opinions about ketchup. If you didn't already know it, I prefer my ketchup in a small dish as opposed to being in a puddle on a thin piece of paper.


Also, I prefer decidedly Republican Ketchup. Del Monte & Hunts are our favorites.


Yes I know this will offend my leftist liberal Heinz-57 eating friends and acquaintances. Please don't judge me for my vote to have tomatoes processed by the GOP. Okay well I guess the GOP doesn't actually make ketchup, but I hope that George W. doesn't serve Kerry-friendly ketchup in the White House.



Photo courtesy of Google Images.

A BIG SHOUT-OUT HERE to Angie@KeepBelieving (also my best high school gal pal and one ruthless and intimidating cheerleading coach) for showing me how to get images from Google. I swear I'm not dumb but c'mon, she's an engineer for pete's sake. Comparing me to her is like comparing an 8-track player to an 8-gig ipod.

6 comments:

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

You are SO not gonna make blog friends with this one. tee hee. I am pretty sure blogland is not bi-partisan and is primarily NOT GOP. BUt, I am, so you got that going for you.

Ready. OK!

KEEP BELIEVING

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I won't let any ketchup with high fructose corn syrup in the house--I know I am THAT food nazi. I once brought home 'catchup' from Whole Foods and my husband dumped it straight in the trash.
I've never really cared for ketchup--I make a red pepper puree for meatloaf; again my food nazi tendancies ;)

Candy said...

your blog is awesome. My H and I are cracking up at your Mom Song. LOL

Happy Campers said...

We're hard core conservatives, but we love Heinz ketchup. Gulp. Don't tell anyone....

Annie said...

Actually... Senator John Heinz (yes, THOSE Heinz') was a republican. So, I'm just going out on a limb here... but... it appears that ketchup is a Republican thing. (Though I'm willing to extend my hand across the aisle to offer ketchup to any and all democrat ketchup lovers - cuz I'm a big hearted Repub! You're Welcome!)

And Heinz ketchup is my favorite. ;)

Donna-Michele said...

I am a new reader.

LOL, can a food product be repub or demmie? I am an indep (pronounced 'in deep' here lately). I am also attempting to be 'green'.

What you like is what you like... eat what you like.

Ewww, there is corn syrup in Ketchup... I will be looking out for that from now on. We have been trying to free ourselves from corn syrup at our house. It is tougher to do than one might think. We did, finally, find a brand of icecream that we find tolerable that doesnt contain corn syrup. Now my hubbie has decided we need to get an ice cream ball and make our own from organic fruit and organic cream... b/c the work out should negate some of the calories?!? Sometimes being smart works against us, lol.

I will keep reading you because you think for yourself, and have readers who seem to as well. Go YOU!!