Friday, August 29, 2008

Songs for Mommies

Hey out there! Do a girl a favor...

I'm putting together a "mommy songs" CD for a friend who's having a baby. Got any songs that you really love, that would be appropriate for this theme? If so please let me know.

Here's what I've got so far:
In My Life - The Beatles
The Things We've Handed Down - Marc Cohn
My Little Girl - Tim McGraw
Baby Mine - Allison Krauss
Let Them Be Little - Billy Dean
Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle
Teach Your Children - CSN&Y
Shower the People - James Taylor
Somebody's Hero - Jamie O'Neal
I Hope You Dance - Lee Ann Womack
Mr. Mom - Lonestar
Blessed - Martina McBride
One Hot Mama - Trace Adkins
You're Gonna Miss This - Trace Adkins
Thank You, Mom - Good Charlotte
Mommy's Little Girl - Faith Hill

I know, there is a lot of country music there. Can't be helped - they love their mommas! But if you've got any other good suggestions I'd love to hear 'em! I'm downloading it all from the internet (LEGALLY!) so I can probably find just about any song.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Bridgett said...

Day is Done by Peter Paul and Mary

And, it's not quite a mama song, but a mama dancing to distract the crying baby song, but Irresistible You by Taj Mahal is a favorite here.

At Last by Etta James (I know, it's really a romantic song, but I always think of my first pregnancy (the first one that "took")). Same with Colour My World by Chicago.

Apron Strings by Everything but the Girl

What a great idea.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Hmmmmm...."St. Judy's Commet" and "Mother and Child Reunion" by Paul Simon
"You Raise me Up" by Josh Groban
"For Baby" and "Follow Me" by John Denver
"Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon (if boy) or "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman (if girl)

stephanie (bad mom) said...

Bridgett, so smart! "Apron Strings" by Everything But the Girl as well as "This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush - both from the She's Having a Baby soundtrack and both guaranteed to make me stop and bawl whenever I hear them...In a good way.

"Crazy Love" by either Bryan Ferry (also on soundtrack) or Van Morrison, and "Wonder" by Natalie Merchant also beautiful and sob-worthy.

To counter the crying, you could buy the whole CD of They Might Be Giants "NO." It is hilarious & fun for kids & parents alike.

Great gift - very nice, you!

Kimberly @ AllAboutKimberly said...

One of my favorite Mommy songs is "In My Daughter's Eyes" I think it's by Martina McBride. It brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it.

binks said...

Kim Hill (great Christian singer) has a song called "Up to the Moon" a really sweet song she wrote for her kids. I saw her years ago and fell in love with this song. So sweet for a child.
I will remember it for my grandkids. (well, you know, someday.)