Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"Special"

Today I went to Braums, and if you don't know what that is, I will tell you. Braums is a restaurant much like Dairy Queen, only way better. They make their own ice cream and yogurt in many flavors like chocolate chip cookie dough, butter pecan, and Birthday Cake. They also sell sandwiches, french fries, and onion rings. On the other side of the store, they sell their own milk, sour cream, cottage cheese, ice cream, etc. They also sell items like lunchmeat, bananas, bread, and cereal. We buy our milk from Braums, partially because it is cheaper there than at the grocery store, partially because we just like the taste better than other milks, and partially because their cows don't receive any growth hormones.

So, while I was at Braums, picking up our two gallons of milk that will swiftly be gone within 3 days, I had to step around a soda display in order to get to the refrigerators. I noticed it was Braum's brand soda. I gave it a longer look, being the inquisitive person that I am, and noticed they had flavors like Cola, Lemon-lime, and Root Beer. Then I noticed a flavor called "special". I wondered what that meant; the packaging gave me no clues. It was white with red stripes, but no other pictures or words. I thought, Cream? Strawberry? Black Cherry? So as I was checking out, I asked the teenager worker who looked like he was still recovering from a hard night of partying, "So, I noticed the soda over there. What's the 'special' flavor?"

He responds, "I dunno. Probably nasty though."

Hmmm... Well, I guess he's not in charge of marketing.

5 comments:

Jodie said...

I totally HEART braums. We don't have any (that I know of) in Houston...but I make the hubby stop every time we go to Dallas. The macarroons are to die for...

LOL...did you buy the "special" soda?

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

maybe he just wanted to save all the special soda for himself ;)

Pinky said...

That's friggin hilarious!
I love that he offered up his opinion.

I buy Braum's milk four at a time and freeze them.

Dude, I think we live close to each other. If you see a pink haired chick at Braum's next time...you'll know it's me!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Can't you totally hear yourself as a teenager saying that though?

This makes me think of anytime I ask someone who works at a place something about a product that is mismarked or not in the place where I think it should be or something and they reply with "well, I guess THEY marked these wrong." or "I don't know why THEY have these over here now." Ummm, excuse me - who is they? Do you not work here? Are you not part of they?? Is it not we?

KEEP BELIEVING

eboyblue3 said...

It's a Cherry Vanilla Coke flavor.