Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'd like to thank the Academy...

Whoa, I feel like I am blushing.

I really can't stop smiling.

Photo Courtesy of Google Images

I finally got my very first shiny brand-new Blog Award.

Thank you, Thank you very much.

Okay, I know these things aren't really so much about earning them, as they are about finding some flipping reader that you haven't already passed one on to yet.

But I got an award! Me!!! Someone actually picked me!!!!

Okay, yes I know the person who picked me is a long-time friend and probably knew I'd been in the corner in a fetal position, rocking, and waiting to finally be picked for some award - any award - and she took pity on me.

Here it is:


My very own "Sunny Funny Happy" Award.

I have been advised to pass this on to someone who is Sunny, Funny, and Happy. That is no small request. How 'bouts I just split the list up?

Sunny - well the first blog I ever read, after Angie's of course, I found by googling "children eating a lego"; it's a long story but you can read about it here if you're interested. Anyway, Earthmama and Bridge co-host Ride the Waves of Life. They both regularly post the most amazing stuff - cool photos, poetry, cute anecdotes, etc. Definitely sunny.

Funny - Karly at Wiping Up Snot cracks me up. Every time. I wish I had her sense of humor. And her camera. I'm envious.

Happy - Stephanie (Bad Mom) has probably gotten a zillion of these awards because, simply, she is the epitome of happy. Have you seen the pictures of her family? All deliriously happy. Have you heard her talk about her job? Her marriage? All happy. I wish some of that would rub off on my crappy disposition some days. Reading her blog makes ME feel happy.

Now, people, pass on the love.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Congrats! From what I have read so far, the award was deserved. :)

Karly said...

Congrats on the award and thanks for passing it along to me! :)

Sidney said...

Congratulations! What a great award, and you deserve it!!

Bridge said...

thanks so much!
congrats to you too.

stephanie (bad mom) said...

Wow - congratulations to you (and I feel so remiss that I didn't notice you rocking & crying; I would certainly have awarded you earlier)!

And thanks! I have not, in fact, gotten a million of these but even if I had, I'd still be appreciative. It's lovely :D

binks said...

Congrats Texas Mama!
I was gonna pass on my Kicka$$ award, but I still haven't made my final picks. You're def. in the running. =)

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Yay!
Congrats on the first of many :)

Pinky said...

You deserve it!!!