Thursday, October 23, 2008

Century Club

Wow, my 100th post. I can't believe it. I made it this far and I haven't even sprained my finger. I am almost at the 4-month mark of my first blog post, which means I have posted an average of 25 times per month. Whoa, that is some serious time taken away from necessary house chores. Thank goodness.

I am celebrating my 100th post with a vacation. For me! For a whole week!! SQUEEE!! I leave on Friday for this wonderful spot:


I am going to Ft. Myers with 3 of my girlfriends from College. This is the third year we have gone together. It's funny, because I am really the "missing link" between these friends. They aren't really friends with each other, but they are all friends with me. But we all get along fabulously. We've discussed inviting other gals from college, but we've never really been able to decide on a person whose temperament would fit just right with ours. We all just get along so well like that.

The week is usually REALLY packed. Day 1: shop for groceries and sunscreen. Day 2: lie on the beach. Day 3: lie by the pool. Day 4: Outlet mall. Day 5: get massage/facial/mani-pedi. Day 6: repeat some or all of previous days. Day 7: begrudgingly return home. So, you can see why this very hectic schedule will not allow me to be posting for a while.

In my absence, I have two wonderful, fabulous ladies lined up to strut their stuff. First up, Scary Mommy. Now, she's not really scary. More like funny, honest, and REAL. Her writing is cream of the crop. I can't wait for you to meet her, if you haven't already. She'll be posting on Monday. Next up, is Carrie from The Story of My World. She's a fellow Texan, y'all! Yee-Haw. If that isn't reason enough to love her, she has an awesome camera and she's not afraid to use it. She'll be posting later next week.

So, peeps, I will be checking my blogroll but will not be personally posting until after Halloween. Texan Papa just asked me, "What will they do without you? They'll be lost!" I assured him how intelligent, confident, and fun-loving my readers are... they will be just fine until my return.

In the mean time, I also have a blog that I would like you to check out. My very best friend from high school, Angie, is one of the most amazing people I know, bar none. She is a lot like my female husband. What I mean, is that, I have known her almost forevah, she knows how to finish my sentences, and she gets me. She is a good listener and an even better conversationalist. She is smart as a whip - common sense AND thu book lernin' too. And, unfortunately, her family has been touched by cancer. I made that word small because it does not deserve regular-size font like all other words. Anyway, Angie's husband, Brian, has been battling cancer for over 11 years now, through radiation, chemotherapy, and recently surgery. Her family really needs prayers right now. Please go to her blog and read about what's going on with her family. If you feel comfortable, leave a comment because I know she appreciates all the support she has gotten from the blogging community.

Okay, I am leaving you in capable hands. If you e-mail me and I don't send you something right back, just remember that I might be busy getting a massage, getting a new outfit, or getting a tan. It's all good.

19 comments:

suzi said...

Have an awesome vacation! I am in Minnesota and would kill for a few days at the beach... even more so in about a couple months.

Eudea-Mamia said...

Oh my goodness! How lucky are you!?

I grew up going to Captiva and Sanibel - love that part of Florida.

Enjoy, and travel safe!!!

Em

Sidney (Sixy Mama) said...

I am so so jealous of you. Can I stowaway? I've never been to Florida, and right now, I could really use it. I promise, I won't be any trouble....

Just swing by and pick me up...please!

Have a fabulous time!

Sidney (Sixy Mama) said...

How funny...my verification word was "cousincy"...think it's a sign???

mydogumentary said...

Have fun and I am totally jealous!

Karen - Mommy to four sweeties said...

Have a great time!

La Pixie said...

lucky you!!

Im gonna miss your blog. PLEASE update as soon as you return from vacay.

enjoy your week off!!! =)

Anna See said...

Have a WONDERFUL week off. I'll miss you!

Anna

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I hope you have a wonderful vacation to Florida. Ignore the blogroll. Vacay is about NOT blogging. And, when you get back, mark all read. You'll be happier if you do.

Carrie Thompson said...

Hey congrats on the 100!!!!! Yeah!! I'm sending you fake cyber flowers in celebration. Enjoy!

Pinky said...

Not fair!! Have fun and reeeeeeeeeelaaaaaaax!

Pinky said...

Ummm, are you preggo?
I'm kinda slow that way.

Christine said...

Congratulations on your 100th post, That is awesome! Drinks are on me...just charge it to my paypal....lol

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I love Ft Myers--we have family there so we go often ;)

Have fun :)

Jen said...

oh I hope that you have a wonderful time and enjoy a tropical girly drink for me will you?

Christine said...

Hey gal, have a great Vacay, and when you get back you have an award waiting for you on my blog!

Bridgett said...

Jealous? Yup.

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

Congrats on your 100th and have fun on your trip. I absolutely LOVE Ft Myers and have been back to that area and Naples four times. I love that outlet mall. HAVE A BLAST!!!!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Hey girl. Thanks for the kind wishes and amazing compliments.

Also, hope you are having a grand old time. Sorry I couldn't join you. God knew what he was doing when he kept me away this weekend and didn't even have me plan to be along.

Hope you are enjoying your calorie-laden VIRGIN drinks. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

KEEP BELIEVING