Saturday, October 18, 2008

I got tagged so Here we go...

Okay, getting tagged with a meme makes me feel all twisty inside. It's like, "OOH that person likes me enough to tag ME. They want ME to play their game! Finally for once, I'm not the last person picked for kickball!" Oh, wait, we're not in 4th grade. Getting back to reality... On the other hand, I feel like "Oh, another meme. Great. I gotta find MORE stuff to tell about myself that is mundane and ultimately non-remarkable. Let's see, how many Forenza sweaters did I wear backwards with the "V" in the back when I was in 8th grade....?"


So, I got tagged with a meme from The Nice One. I think I kinda put her up on a pedestal because I think she is very cool. We've never met yet but we're trying to get a little mini-bloggess conference all set up for some gals in DFW. I know once I meet her I'll instantly install her as my new BFF. That's if she doesn't tell me to bug off because I'm breathing down her neck or something. Anyhoo, I got tagged and so I'm gonna do what the meme tells me to do.





The rules are-
1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.

2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.

3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.

4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.


So here goes:
1. The first street I lived on as a married woman is also the name of my first daughter. No, she's not named Maple. And for the record we didn't live on Peppermint Patty avenue either. (It's the internet, folks. I'm trying to protect the innocent little children here!)
2. My parents have been married for 53 years and still goin' strong. They rock!
3. I am double-jointed in lots of places: shoulders, hips, knees, elbows, and jaw. Yes, jaw. I can fit the top of a diet Coke can in my mouth. When I was little, I may have been the only kid who heard the dentist say, "Um, can you close a little bit?"
4. I hate hate HATE down pillows. They get all flat, then you have to move the pillow to get more fluff, but it just goes flat again. What a waste. Gimme poly-ethelyene-fiberfill-non-recyclable-whatever as long as it stays bouncy and firm.
5. Speaking of down feathers, I am alergic to nothing. I mean nothing. Not dust, not bees, not pollen, not strawberries, NUTHIN. It is so nice. My eyes only water if I get poked by a child's straying finger and I only use kleenex for boogers. Okay, I think I just crossed the TMI barrier there.
6. I married my husband 8 months and 3 days after we met. He proposed after we'd been dating 2 months. My parents thought we were crazy but every day with Texan Papa is pretty great. We do fight sometimes, but he makes it easy to respect him and love him.
7. All of our children are named after someone very important in our lives. Maybe that's why I've had 2 daughters but never named one Amy yet, which is my very most favorite name. I just like the name. But I don't have any family named Amy and I don't remember any Amy's in the bible. So far, family and the Bible have been our source for the name game.

Okay, that's it. So now I have to tag 7 random people. And tag I will. Oh, and it's GONNA be random.

1. Suzi with Pink Vanilla Cupcakes

2. Eudea-Mamia of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit

3. Felicia at The Life of a College Stay at Home Mom

4. Amy of Escape Into My Thoughts



5. Anissa of Queen Bee

6. Marrdy at One Krazy Kat Lady

7. Audrey with The Fam Five

Okay, all these random gals? Never met them (okay, except E-M). We all share a common bond: WE'RE NOT LOSERS! What I mean is that we all won a giveaway over at The Secret Is In The Sauce - our most favoritest blogging networking sight. Me, I won the "Mama Goes Green" bag set - I have no idea how to claim this prize, but if I can get it I'm sure I will look very posh in Walmart packing my bruised pears into a fancy-schmancy earth-friendly tree-hugger bag.

So, now you know more about me. Other interesting facts? Not so interesting. I can give you my measurements but that will be changing quickly. Same with my weight. Height? 5'6". I'm an Aquarius. I like long walks on the beach and watching the sunset and playing with my dog and... oh wait this isn't Match.com? Sorry again... Must. Focus.

10 comments:

Dorsey said...

I've GOT to get in on this get-together!! I'd love to meet all you ladies!!

Manager Mom said...

I wanted to say congratulations again on the preggers...and also to say thanks. I've decided to shut down my blog and just wanted to thank you for your reading and commenting and all that good stuff.

Anyway I'll try not to be a stranger...keep on keepin' on, as Matthew McConaughey would say.

Eudea-Mamia said...

Me, oh me!!! I'm in the DFW area as well.

And I totally get the whole "not being picked last" thing. Funny how this whole blogosphere can feel like a trip back to the halls of high school. Sounds like your experience was on par with mine.

Totally congrats on the whole allergy thing. I have yet to meet any transplant that makes it through Fall without brochitis caused by pollen. Seriously, congrats!

And a baby!!!!!! Oh, such wonderful news. I've only experienced that split second joy, follwed quickly by that panic attack of Holy Crap - what did we just do!? feeling twice, but there is nothing like it. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months.

I'll come and play with you - a meme it is...

Em

The Nice One said...

LMAO...funny funny. Wow, how do you not have allergies? Holy moly, quite clearly I am jealous.

Dorsey and I could carpool to the get-together. Texan Mama and I are workin' on it Dorsey and Eduea Mamia...I promise. Big Hair Bloggesses here we COME!
(I'm crackin' the whip).

Thanks for playin the game!!!!

Marrdy said...

Well thanks so much. Winning prizes is always fun, especially when you never win. But now I did.

Congrats on being pregnant. I had to ask someone if the little tester actually meant you were pregnant. It's been a while since I was.

Sidney said...

Hey...I won too! Bounce house, baby!

Kellan said...

53 years is so wonderful!!

Have a good weekend - Kellan

Aubrey said...

I'm sitting here laughing! That was a great meme. Thank you for tagging me. What a great way to pick your list!! Like you, I'm not sure how to claim my prize BUT I can't wait to receive it!

Congrats on the double pink lines, + & - and all that good stuff! What a blessing!!

Amy said...

Thanks for tagging me. I just did this one a couple days ago :D

Christine said...

Ok, I found you through Dorsey's site, because I am lovin the Texas Bloggers! After readin lotsa posts...it think we have shared a brain...or at least a drink at one time or another. You rock girl, I will definitely be visitin you again!