Wednesday, October 8, 2008

It' like eatin in the Country

Okay, now I know I have officially escaped from obscurity. I know this because I was contacted by a lovely little company called Country Bob's to review their product on this blog. At first I was all, "how did you get this e-mail address??" and "hell no I'm not giving you my address to send a free sample to" and "don't they know I only have like a handful of readers? What is this... advertising suicide?" But I considered myself flattered and I looked up the company online. I found their 1-800 phone number and I called them. I asked for the guy, Al, and sure 'nuff, he was there. The company was fo' real, so I introduced myself. He seemed to know who I was (or else he covered well) and explained that he'd send me some free samples of his product and some coupons for free product as well. So, I was game.

Country Bob's is a company that produces an all-purpose sauce that's kind-of a cross between ketchup and barbecue sauce. It's smoky, but it's also tangy. I used it on Sunday night to make some Chicken Breasts. Now, I love Barbecue sauce but this product is not called barbecue sauce. I don't think it's called steak sauce either, because you can put it on lots of stuff. Like I said, I used it when I cooked chicken. Here's what I did: I took my 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts and I browned them in some EVOO in the frypan (3 at a time). Then, I mixed some Country Bob's sauce with some water in a measuring cup (just enough to water it down a little) and poured it into the pan with all the chicken breasts. I brought it to a boil then turned it down to simmer, with a lid on. I let it do that for about 15 minutes. The chicken breasts were perfect! Seasoned and yummy but definitely not overpowering. Now, I could have topped them with some swiss cheese and popped them in the toaster to melt the cheese then put them on a bun. But me and Texan Papa were hungry so we just cut them up and ate them like that. They were YUM-O as my BFF Rachel Ray would say. (As you can see in the picture above, they also make Spicy All-Purpose Sauce, Seasoning Salt, and yes indeed, Barbecue Sauce). Photo courtesy of Country Bob's.

Y'all are in luck, because I am going to GIVE YOU some Country Bob's for your very own self. You may choose to drink it straight out of the bottle but me, I'm not crazy like that. I'd suggest you put it on some type of meat. So, if you are a vegetarian, pour it on some broccoli and let me know how that turns out! Anyway, leave a comment here by 11:59pm (CST) on Friday evening and I will pick a winner using some Random Number Generator thingy that I have seen so many bloggers use. I don't know where I'm gonna find it or if I can make my brain figure it out, but I always have a backup plan (and by backup plan, I mean I will write your name on a piece of paper, put all the names in a hat, and ask Peppermint Patty to pick one out of the hat).

Good luck everybody!

4 comments:

Anna See said...

Count me in! We are a Texas Pete family, but it would be fun to try something new. :)

Scary Mommy said...

Fun! How cool that they contacted you-- all of my offers have been total spam! Sounds yummy though, we love us some sauce here.

★ Katie ★ said...

Hi! I'm new here, but I thought it'd be worth a shot to enter your contest! I've read through a few of your past blogs and think I'll stick around. :)

Loralee Choate said...

Dude, just enjoy it. Getting free stuff to review is one of the perks of blogging. :) (Unless it's free tickets to see "The Women" by Dove. THEN you may have to stick a fork in your eye repeatedly.)