Tuesday, October 14, 2008

SIT right down and put up your feet

Good day to every one of you. It's a beautiful Tuesday. My kids are finally back to school after a long 3-day weekend, and I am enjoying the solace. Now is the time that I like to sit down with a cold Diet Coke and maybe some Chicken in a Biskit Crackers, and peruse my blogs. Tuesday is always a very busy day in the blog world. Monday is busy too, but I think Monday is much like a day of recovery from the weekend of sleeping in, drinking, eating, and merriment.

Since I started blogging in June I have found lots of great blogs - sometimes I follow a funny comment from a blog I'm already reading, read the profile of the commenter, and check out the blog. Sometimes I get suggestions from friends. But the main place I have found new blogs to check out is at SITS - The Secret is In The Sauce.
Every day at SITS has a new featured blogger. These bloggers are all very different. Some are artsy & craftsy, some are philosophical, some are half-crazy (like me!), some are really great cooks. Basically, if you have any interests of any type, you will find someone who writes a blog you will like by just checking out SITS. Plus, the SITS gals encourage ladies (so far it has been all ladies but I'm sure men would not be turned away) to share the bloggy love at every blog she visits by leaving comments... C'mon, we all love comments. Plus, it is a great way to increase readership and meet new bloggers. Oh, and don't even get me started on all the awesome stuff they give away: A Cricut die-cut machine, custon monogrammed backpacks, purses, jewelry, a digital camera, just to name a few. You just have to check out SITS to see what they do - and they do it so well!!!

Here are some of the fabulous women I met by visiting SITS:

Amanda at Even The Nice Ones - she is so funny, and real, and she doesn't hold back. She's my kind of lady.

Anna at An Inch of Gray - Now, she is honest but knows how to be tactful. And she's always so upbeat and positive. I swear, it's like I can picture her smiling while typing.

Jen at Buried with Children. She has a 3 year old preschooler and 15-month-old triplets! 4 kids literally under 4. At one point I guess she's even had 4 kids under 3! That makes me tired just thinking about it. And she works as a nurse. And she has time to blog. I am thinking that she must not sleep, or else she's lifting some of the pills from her "less aware" patients. Just Kidding Jen!

Heather at Nobody But Yourself - Heather is a hoot! She is smart and funny and always has a great story. She can make buying a calendar into a funny story with lots of great details.

Deb over at This is the Life and Blog Around the World - She is one busy lady. She runs TWO blogs and one of them is managing 50 states and other blogs out of the country! Still, she is able to leave upbeat comments and post very thoughtful and insightful posts. What a gal!

Go check out some of these ladies. Even better, subscribe yourself to SITS and they will send you a new Featured Blogger every day! What could be finer?

Have a wonderful Tuesday and be sure to come back again!

24 comments:

Jen said...

How did you know my secret pill stash? Just kidding but you crack me up.

Eudea-Mamia said...

Where in Texas had Columbus Day off?!

I think our district tucked that extra day away for celebrating Texas Independence Day.

Christopher who? I asked Oldest if they even talked about it at school. Ah, no.

Wow.

Em

Michelle said...

Great list, there are a few new ones I need to check out!

Happy SITs blogathon day!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Never heard of that site--thanks for sharing :)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I am not doing a SITS post today as I am celebrating my 100th post. Please stop by and enter my giveaway.

Sidney said...

Happy Day! Haven't visited in a while (kids and all, doncha know...), but wanted to stop by and actually COMMENT this time!

Have a good afternoon!

Rhea said...

Great SITS post!! Thanks for inviting me into the Texas ring, btw.

Natalie said...

Hi!

Happy Blog-a-thon :)

Jen Sue Wild said...

Rocken Fun Blog happy Blogthon!!!

Anna See said...

Okay, how cool was that to read your blog today and see MY name on it? Woohoo! Thanks for the shout-out. I started a new job today, and am feeling totally inept, so it's pretty great to read something nice about me :)

T said...

you crack me up AND I'm loving the layout!

happy blogathon!

Meridith said...

Newt to SITs and LOVE today's Blog-A-Thon!!!

Going to check out your blog :)

Denyse said...

I am so lovin' your blog. I've added it to my reader. I'm a Texas girl, too :) Happy SITS Day!

Ashley. Unscripted... said...

I keep seeing your name on people's B-A-T day lists, thought I'd check you out for myself. Love it.

I'll be back!

SuZ said...

Happy Blogathon Day!!

KDLOST said...

Happy SITS DAY!!!!!!

Cheers, y'all! :)

The Nice One said...

MmmmmWah.

Thanks for the blog love!

Kellan said...

I only know a few of these great blogs - thanks for the links to the others, can't wait to check them out!

Have a good Wednesday - see you soon - Kellan

gingela5 said...

Happy SITS day! It's pretty much over but I thought I'd come over and say hi anyways! Hope you had a good one!

Meaghan said...

stopping by from SITS to say hi. Sooo love your heading, but I think Ive already commented and told you that :) Its one of my favorite


Meaghan

Mommyhood is Thankless said...

Hey, Hope you had a Happy SITS day!

Ronnica said...

You've got some good ones there! I haven't been by Anna's blog...I'm going to go do that now!

TMI said...

Congrats on your fabulous win SITS-ta!

Yaya said...

I'm still making the rounds to say hi!