Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Awards, and something Pathetic

Woo-Hoo! I don't suck. I actually got a couple of awards recently. Here's what I got wrapped up in a pretty shiny comment in my gmail inbox:

I got this little gem from Christine over at Housewife Word of Mouth. Thanks girlfriend! The criteria is as follows:
A. Display a cheerful attitude.
B. Love one another.
C. Make mistakes.
D. Learn from others.
E. Be a positive contributor to the blog world.
F. Love life.
G. Love kids.

The Rules:

1. Must link it back to the creator.
2. Post the rules.
3. Choose 5 people to give it to.
4. Recipients must fill the characteristics above.
5. Create a post to share this.
6. You must thank the winner.

Okey dokey, I am going to break the rules a tiny bit and just pick 3 recipients:
Bridgett at South City Musings (It's a St. Louis thang!), Catwoman at Canadian Thoughts in Texas, and Loralee at Loralees Looney Tunes. So many wonderful bloggers, but I know how hard it is to keep passing the award things around. TOTALLY deserving, these ladies are, but if you decide to drop the chain-mail with me I understand.

Ooh, and I got another one a few weeks back and just now have gotten around to showing it off:

This one came from Jaden Paige at The Life and Times of Bendy Ruggles.

Rules if you choose to participate

1. Put the award up on your blog
2. Add a link to the person who awarded it to you
3. Nominate at least seven other blogs
4. Add links to these blogs on your blog
5. Leave a message for your nominee on their blog

Okay, I don't know what the qualifications are, but if it is "For the coolest blog I ever know" then I better not give it to someone who is a grammar nit-picker. I think Katy over at katydidnot has the "coolest blog I ever know" and I don't think she'd mind an imperfect imperative or dangling participle or whatever.

Okay, so thanks my bloggy friends.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention the pathetic part: I posted yesterday about my heroes and asked readers to post about their own. I thought, "Woo, free links up to other readers. This will be cool... sharing the linky love, getting to know other bloggers better. I'd better not plan to post on Tuesday so I can follow up on all the hero stories I'll get."

Um, not so much.

The total of linkies: zilch. Okay, that's fine. I guess you all are heartless selfish robots who don't have a sincere bone in your bodies. *sniff sniff* I guess you all just sit at your computers, tap-tap-tapping away and never thinking about all - *sniff sniff* - the people who made you who you are today. *sniff sniff*

Just kidding. But maybe next time I will skip the linky love and just blabber on about something else, like who knew that gloves came in numerical sizes? And, who invented the lid with the "button" on the top to seal in the freshness? Hmm. talk amongst yourselves.

7 comments:

katydidnot said...

if i could figure out how to dangle a participle, i totally would. i can split infinitives and end sentences with prepositions like nobody's business though.

thanks.

Jaden Paige said...

LMAO... I totally noticed the grammar and was tempted to pull the little button into photoshop and fix it, but then I said... Nah, too much work.

I guess I am a little bit of a grammar nit-picker. But it was still nice to receive the award.. lol :)

anti-supermom said...

Yeah, I have yet to do anything, about any awards, that I've ever gotten.

I totally am one of those that drop the blogger-chain-letter awards. (Love this BTW)

Becky :) said...

Congrats on your awards!!!!!! I'm sorry I didn't catch yesterday's post. I'm just now playing catch up from the weekend. When my girl is home I get no computer time at all.

Jen said...

Congrats on your awards and I am sorry no one showed the linky love.

Bridgett said...

Hey, thanks! And I will pass it on, although probably with diminishing returns (you did 3, I'll probably do 2, etc).

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Just a thought - next time you are going to do a linky love thing, then write a post telling people you are going to do it a few days in advance so they can have some time to write something and link that day. I think you would have had a response that way.

KEEP BELIEVING