Monday, November 24, 2008

Creative Things to do with Poo

Okay, on my list of "Titles I Never Expected to EVER Use", this one comes near the top.

CREATIVE THINGS TO DO WITH POO

What do you like to do with poo? Do you like to eat it? Do you like to smear it on your face? No? Well, you must not be very cultured.

If you have seen the movie The Bucket List, you know what I'm going to talk about next. Kopi Luwak is coffee made from very rare coffee berries. These berries are found on the islands in the Indonesian Archipelago, which are located northwest of Australia. The Kopi Luwak, or Civet Coffee, is made from coffee berries which have been eaten and passed through the system of the Asian Palm Civet. Yep, you guessed it: it's made from berries that have been pooped out of a weasel-sized jungle cat. It is believed that, by passing through the system of the animal, the enzymes in the cat's stomack break down the proteins in the berry which give coffee its bitter taste. The defecated berries are washed and only slightly roasted in order to preserve the berry's complex flavors.Photo courtesy of Google Images

Am I the only one who thinks those look a little bit like granola bars? (shudder)

After purchasing your coffee beans, which by the way, costs $120-$600 per pound, you might be a little bit stressed out. How 'bout getting a facial to relax you?

At Santa Fe's Ten Thousand Waves Spa, you can treat yourself to a Nightingale Cleansing mask, which includes powder from the "sanitized droppings" of these feathered friends. $115 for 55 minutes of treatment using only the finest nightingale poop available.

Photo courtesy of Google Images

My biggest question is this: Who's in charge of collecting all this poo? And how much do they get paid? Whatever the answer is, I would bet that it's not enough.

20 comments:

Carrie Thompson said...

I just asked my hubbie last night why do you love me and after a few serious thoughts he said do you want a funny reason I said absolutly! He said I love your fascination with poo!

So I love your post! But I do wonder who picks it all up and how much they get paid!

Heather said...

LOL! This post is begging for Mike Rowe to come and do a Dirty Jobs episode on it...........

Thanks for the Monday morning chuckle!

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

Glad you liked it ladies! And, I love to say the word "poo". For some reason, I like it better than "poop". This is a very strange comment, I know.

Bird, Frizzy and Our Little Yaya said...

Hey! That's not nice. I haven't had my first cup of coffee this morning. Now I'm gonna be thinking of poo as I drink it. Thank goodness I'm too poor to afford such poorific luxuries.
Thank you for stopping by on my SITS day.

Jaime said...

So funny and a little gross!

jori-o said...

Haha! Wow. I thought for sure this was going to be a post about how one of your kids got their diapers off and decided to re-decorate their bedroom wall...

But it's worse. INGESTING poo??? Smearing it on your face??? NO THANK YOU.

Sidney (Sixy Mama) said...

Nasty.

That's all...just....nasty.

argh.

Mrs de Miranda said...

G.R.O.S.S. That's all I gots to say. And I want to know about these poop collecting people too? Is that what drives the cost of the products up so much?? Holy Crap! Literally.

Pinky said...

Not only does it look like a granola bar, but it looks like a chewy one.
mmm. yummy.

I like the words:
dooky
poop
crap
loaf

ahhhh.
I'm sick.

Bwahahaha! Thanks for the chuckle! ;-)

The Nice One said...

Hmmm...where did I see about that or read about that? Maybe it was ina movie? Very intersting!

Hippie Family... said...

seriously funny - starting with the title alone..

Jen said...

you are cracking me up and just think about all the google searches that are going to land people here.

McMommy said...

One word for this post: Ewwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I heard Cottonelle wants to be a sponsor on your blog now. :)

AngiDe- Nana's Box said...

Seriously!?!?! People eat poo and put it on their face.... sick.... in more ways than one.
Thanks for sharing though... I'll be sure to avoid nightengale faces and expensive coffee ;)

Angie
"Nana's Box"

Love your blog!

Kellan said...

This just makes me want to gag! I love my coffee and don't want to imagine it comes anywhere but from a nice little coffee bean - roasted and them vacuum packed in my Foldgers can! YUK!

Take care - Kellan

Anna See said...

Ewwwwww! And last night I watched a show on Animal Planet where these 5 pugs kept eating their own poop. Ugh.

The Girl Next Door said...

EEEwwwwwww Poooooo when did we get this bored that we started eating it and smearing it on our faces??!!

J'Ollie Primitives said...

Wonder how they managed to put the marketing spin on poo.
Who collects it? Ummmm convicted felons and really not-very-bright people?
YUCK.

Text Imps said...

First of all.. Ewww!! But, that first picture made me wonder... Do they make chocolate Payday candybars? Actually, my dogs have left such masterpieces on my front lawn. I wonder what they're worth. At $50 a pound I'd be rich with this German Shepherd of mine.

Maggie S. said...

Did you see Caddyshack? I mean, you know exactly what those look like. Baby Ruth.