Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Friends, sorry I have been "off the radar" for a little while. I've had some stuff going on around home... and trying to re-prioritize... and now after my SITS day I feel lots of pressure to be funny and witty too! I can no longer just publish a "blah" post, I have to do better! my creative juices are not exactly flowing right now. So, here's what I got:

If you are a mommy, you know all too well about going to the bathroom while leaving the door open for toddlers. If they lose sight of you, they walk around the house screaming and wailing, "MOMMY! Where are YOUUUUUUUU?"

So, during one of those bathroom trips, have you ever been sitting there when your very mature 2-year-old walks in and looks at you, and says, "Mommy are you sad?" to which you respond, "No, honey." Only then she says, in a very concerned tone, "Mommy, are you hurt?" and you respond, "No, I'm not hurt." And then, with a knowing nod, does she say, "Mommy, are you pushing?" to which you can only reply "Yes, honey."

No, that never happened to me either.

19 comments:

Mrs de Miranda said...

HAHAHAHA, I have not had the pleasue of having babies yet! But when I do, I will be sure to catalouge moments like these, because it is soo funny!!

No pressure after your SITS day! We love you just the way you are, blah-ness and all :)

J'Ollie Primitives said...

My kid never barged in and said "MY TURN! MY TURN!"
*sigh*

Noah's Mommy said...

Oh good lord...that is so funny....Oh I can't wait for those days ahead.....

Jess said...

That was great!!

Jaden Paige said...

LMAO. That is just too priceless.

I'm sure I have a few of these moments lingering on the horizon with my little girl... *sigh*

litanyofbritt said...

haha! privacy?? me either

Becky :) said...

Ok that is hilarious!!!!!! I would have busted out laughing right then and there. Thanks for sharing.

Scary Mommy said...

I love it!!! Oh, how I miss shitting in peace.

Aleta said...

LOL. Ok, I don't have children. I not only close the door, I lock it. I can't imagine having a conversation like that. LMAO

Tiff said...

OMG too funny!!!!!

sassy stephanie said...

How funny. And true. I was "in there" today while my 3 yr old son wandered around the house "mommy? mommy? mommy?".

Joelle said...

im sooo laughing right now! Scary Mommy....too funny! I have 5 girls. GIRLS are NOT always proper.not even close, OH MY! I have seen & heard it all! : )
Thanks for the good laugh!

Toots said...

Sooo funny . . . . hehehehe . . . soo funny! Even funnier when you bring your very young cousin to a public bathroom with you so that she "can see how big girls go pee pee" to have her ask in a too loud voice "why do you have a string comin outta your butt" . . . nope that has never happened to me . . . hehehehe

Cindy said...

:) that was a very good...I'd say your (creative)juice is flowing just fine!!

anti-supermom said...

It's funny because it's true. My boys love to visit me in the bathroom.

Jaden Paige said...

I have an award for you over at my blog, if you want to stop by and pick it up! :D

Kellan said...

"No that never happened to me either" - ACK - you are so cute!

Have a good day - Kellan

georgie said...

LMAO! out of the mouths of babes...to cute!
stopping by from SITS to say HI!

Donna-Michele said...

Oh my... I don't have kids, and my niece isn't nearly so polite as your daughter...she "didn't" ask if I was "doing poop"!! Then clapped, danced and gave praise for doing a "good job" and washing hands!!!
TOTALLY a different experience when you are not the parent.