Monday, December 29, 2008

The Best Product EVAH

I do not shy away from home-improvement projects. As a matter of fact, I was the "house manager" while living in my sorority house in college. (A big bordeaux shout-out to all my A-Phi sisters out there!) Being house manager basically involves making sure the physical house was kept in good shape (clean and safe) and also monitoring the grounds. Of course, the idea is that the house manager will call appropriate repair people when needed. However I, of course, never met a challenge I didn't like. I tried (and usually succeeded) in fixing whatever I came across.

Now, being a mom, I am a whole new kinda house manager: Wash pee-pee sheets; remove blood stains from t-shirts; fish out ground up bits from garbage disposal. From cleaning out gutters to putting up Christmas lights to regrouting the tile in the shower, I've learned more being an unemployed homemaker than I ever did in the workforce.

And, I've recently come across this one little wonder that has forever made my life easier and happier. Here it is:

Here's the reasons I love the Super Hook:
  • I can put them in place without using a single tool
  • I don't need my husband's help
  • The product is VERY reasonably priced
  • The product is VERY versatile and has performed well in my household tests
  • I don't need any special training or "man smarts" to figure out how to use it.
So, basically, here's how you use the Super Hook:
1. Pick where you want to hang something
2. Push the Super Hook into the wall

That. Is. It.

Every time I have EVER put a hook into drywall, it always required drilling a hole, using an anchor, and inserting a screw, and many times the anchor & screw ended up falling out anyway. These Super hooks can hold a ton of weight and stay put in drywall.

Here are some of the things I have hung with the Super Hook:





This small tool just has made my life so much easier because I can now organize things in - literally - seconds, when previously I would be involved in a 20-minute project for each hook I would want to hang.

And, the Super Hooks cost..... $4 for a pack of 25. I got them at Big Lots, so they aren't a sure bet to find them at every Big Lots, but I've also seen them at Walgreens in the "As Seen on TV" aisle.

I am not being paid or anything for making this recommendation (But Super Hook people, if you read this, you can totally hook me up! Just thank me by sending me more Super Hooks!) I just really want to share with you something that you can buy that has the ability to ease that one little bit of tension. I know how much I love being able to cross that item off my to-do list. And these little babies make that to-do list look a lot shorter.

21 comments:

Text Imps said...

Thanks for the product review. I've often wondered if those things actually worked. According to the ladder I see hanging, they really CAN be useful. And thank you also for telling us where you bought them. When you said reasonably priced I figured $10 for 5 or something like that. $4 for 25 is amazing.

Mrs de Miranda said...

i think this is the solution! My Dad used his "man smarts" to put up a towel hanger on the wall that is now coming OUT of the wall and will shortly fall off. *sigh*

vanna said...

oh Lawd another reason for me to visit Big lots...I Lurve me some Big lots!!

Beverly said...

Hi. I'm visiting from SITS. I love your Texas-sized enthusiasm. We lived in Dallas for a short time, but it was not the life for this small-town, Kentucky girl. And, hey, my DH is from St. Louis. (Ferguson? Does that sound right?)

Have a wonderful New Year!

Bev

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

Vanna- Wait, you need a reason to visit Big Lots? I love the Deals!!! Although, I DO get frustrated when I find something I really like, then go back to get it again, and it's gone, never to return. But, that's the way Big Lots works, I guess.

Misadventurous Mommy said...

I so need these...and I love the part where you said you don't need your husband's help putting them up...Lord knows if I waited for my fiance to help me with anything, NOTHING would ever get done!

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

MisAd Mommy - yeah, Texan Papa is willing to help out around the house when I need him, but my problem is that when I want something done, I want it done NOW. Not when he gets off work, NOW. So if I can't get it done NOW I will just have to call someone and complain, or else blog about it. And face it, NO BODY wants that!

Janie said...

Can I hang my husband up on the wall with one? That's what I wanna know.

Where are you in Texas, girl?

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I only buy products endorsed by Billy Mays--he shouts so the products MUST work ;)

Carrie Thompson said...

Big Lots Rocks, but you are right, you must buy it when you SEE it! Or it is lost in Big Lot Heaven forever...

the hooks. I actually NEED something like this so this product review is much appreciated! DH will absolutely help when I need him too but I also want it done when I am thinking of it or else it might not get done and I have four pic in my bedroom waiting to be hung by the dresser with care!

thanks!

Jen said...

Well, aren't those some super hooks!!!! But I have to ask, can you hang a turd with them?

McMommy said...

I love you, I love you, I love you for posting about this!!! Do you know HOW MANY THINGS I have sitting on my floor that are awaiting McDaddy to hang them up?!?! I love that I can do this all by myself!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU FOR POSTING ABOUT THIS!!!!

dddiva said...

Wow, I've made a note to check out Big Lots next time I am on that side of town. Thanks for letting us know they work.

stephanie (bad mom) said...

SOLD! I am constantly rushing into hanging stuff only to have to seek out my man to fix the gigantic hole I ended up putting in the wall...

And the way you sell 'em, these sound a million times better than the ShamWOW. :D

Jamie said...

We don't have a Big Lots where I live. Sounds like an awesome product!

Bridgett said...

Hmm...plaster (the house has no drywall)? Because I'm all about getting this stuff done without involving husband sighing and talking about engineering and whatnot.

anti-supermom said...

I love that you had to hang up that huge fish?! Now, where exactly is that in your house.

I'm gonna hook myself up with the Super Hook (sorry, I couldn't resist). Happy New Year.

Leanne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanne said...

Wow. Sorry, I didn't know that would post. I just wanted to fix a typo. Blush.

What I said was....

Is there anyway you can move a Big Lots up to Canada? Sigh. I'm gonna try the next best thing and see if anyone is selling these on Ebay!

Hannah said...

Ooh! I've been drooling over these (how sad is that?!) since seeing them on tv. They seemed too good to be true...

So nice to see a review of them. I am definitely getting some now!

Thank you!

Haasiegirl said...

Wow, great product! Im putting it on my next walmart run list!! thankyou!!!!!!!!

trisha
momdot