Friday, December 5, 2008

I've.... Been.... Koobfaced!

WTF? And I don't mean What The F? but I mean, WHY the F?

Why do hackers feel the need to spread viruses throughout the internet? I'm all for a practical joke, but puh-leeze people. Why do some people want to send those nasty virus thingies around to us innocent unsuspecting people? They can't even see us crying when their evil plan goes into effect. What's the joy there?

So I was just surfing my e-mail, minding my own business, when I got an email from the sister of a good friend. It was actually, a note that she had written on my wall. It said, "I saw you in this video... thought you'd want to check it out." so I clicked on the link, which then told me, (here's where the virus hits ya), 'You have to update your version of flash player to view this video." Of course, I'm curious, so I try to download and install the file like 4 times. It never worked, but I never thought anything more about it.

Till I got on my computer this morning and couldn't get online. I have NO idea what it did to my computer, but I think (*fingers crossed*) that it only affected something with my proxy server. Have no idea what that is and please don't ask me to explain how I figured it out. Press these keys, click over to there, unclick a box, and PRESTO I'm back online.

Since then, I got like 25 emails saying, "What is this video? I couldn't open it?" Gee, just what I want to do... make everyone like me even more by sending them a virus. Apparently the virus is being spread through Facebook so I also got a WHOLE bunch more emails inviting me to watch a cool video in which I looked great, had great hair, was so funny, etc.

Here's the link to the information about the virus, in case you're interested.

Now, I'm click-shy. I don't want to get my computer sick again. I love my baby! So, watch your back and don't go clicking without protection!

9 comments:

Karly said...

I don't get why people do that either. Stoopid jerks.

Jaden Paige said...

DINKNOSES! That's why they do it. Cuz they have a sink stuck on their head, and they're jealous of all us normal peeps. :)

Jaden Paige said...

whoops. Dink. Not sink. Although that would be almost as weird/ embarrassing.

Eudea-Mamia said...

You think I'm going to click on that link to learn about the virus?! ;-)

Add that to my long list of reasons why I "just say no" to all my bully friends who want me to get a Facebook account.

Sorry about all the trouble - I always wonder how much better this world would be if bored, evil people would just use their talent for good.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Three words swetie--GET A MAC ;)

April said...

My brother accidentaly sent me one a few weeks ago and it took me ALL day to get rid of it. I don't see the joy in it either. Now I never open stuff that is an e-mail that is forwarded from lots of folks.

Anna See said...

Ugh! I'm sorry this happened to you. I got this on my facebook acct too. Fortunately, the "sender" found out about it and warned me not to open it.

Jen said...

that is no good. I am so glad that the computer is all better and not stuck with a TURD virus any longer. I was kinda wondering where you were. ;)

Souther' Mother said...

I read "dick-shy" instead of "click-shy." Either way, you should use protection.