Monday, January 26, 2009

Frozen, Not Dead

Howdy Y'all. I know you are hanging on to the edge of your chairs, wondering,

WHERE HAS TEXAN MAMA GONE????

Here I Am!!!

I'm up in the frozen tundra, also known as Illinois. They brought snow in, just for us. There's not too much, but just enough to remind us of how miserable winter is in the midwest.

Why did we venture up to this yucky weather, you ask? Well, enquiring minds want to know so I'll fill you in.

Texan Papa is visiting his family. I'm visiting family and friends too. The Peanuts are attending at their old school for a few days to visit old friends. And, I get to do all kinds of fun stuff like get an eye exam (I *HATE* the "puff of air" thingy - no matter how much they try to prepare me I'm always shocked when that shot of wind hits my eyeball).

So, I'll be offline for a few more days. I'll probably be back on Saturday or Sunday, if I survive another long car trip with 4 children. I actually survived the drive up (7 hours one day, 6 the next) and I'm looking forward to the drive back too, like looking forward to a root canal.

Hang tight peeps.

13 comments:

Nicole O'Dell said...

Wow! Where are you in IL? I'm suffering through the frozen tundra with you. But, I live here, so I'm used to it. It's supposed to snow again.

Have a safe trip!

Ryan Ashley Scott@Optimistic Cynicism said...

Your kids are probably enjoying the snow, right? Have a safe trip home.

jori-o said...

Holy canoli, 6+7 hours?? In a car??? With four children? I'm praying for you.

Also, I CANNOT do the puff of air thing in my eye. Did you ever see the Friends episode where Rachel can't put anything in her eye? That's me. Seriously, if I have to have eyedrops or something, it is this HUGE ordeal with my husband helping (and laughiong at) me the entire time. Ugh. Makes me shiver, just thinking about it.

Cindy said...

Glad you're ok, even if you're getting poofs of air in your eyes :)

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

hey!! The last time I went to the dr they had a new machine - no puff of air!!!!

Jen said...

wow that sounds like fun, the visiting family not the car ride or the eye exam. I am glad you are alright. I was worried and ready to call the blogging police.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

I know what you mean about long car trips. I've been mia, too. I hope the return trip was nice.

Chris said...

Suffering here in Illinois, too. And hubby just left, headed for Texas. How lucky is he?!?

Good luck with the car drive and that puff of air. I wouldn't wish either on my worst enemy. LOL

texasholly said...

OMG. I am afraid for you. Another car trip...I am sending out reinforcements if we don't hear from you soon.

Carrie Thompson said...

So glad to hear from you! I was getting worried! Glad you are getting time with friends and fam!!!!

Fun ride home, I have made that trip quite a few times and I have hours past you!

E said...

traveling mercies to you TM

Eudea-Mamia said...

Enjoy your time, a safe trip home!!

(you're missing out on the frozen stuff here - awesome.)

Bridgett said...

You go thru Okla. or Arkansas? Both ways, of course, suck...but havedifferent scenery.