Friday, January 16, 2009

I SO Should Have Married Billy Mayes

If you have read my blog for any length of time, you already know how much I love products that are sold through infomercials. My very first infomercial purchase was back in my college days: the Ab-Roller.
3 easy payments of $33.33.

Since then, I have bought products that suited what I needed at different times of life. Moving and conserving space? I bought Space Bags.


Needing to hang up pictures in my new home? I have (a version of) the Hercules Hooks. I got into scrapbooking, so I bought the Craft Lite Cutter. Now I have kids, and want to serve them a fun breakfast, so I bought the Pancake Puff Pan. Kids need to help me with the chores, so I now have the Swivel Sweeper (a gift from Santa this Christmas - WHEE!). And for cleaning around the house, I have OxiClean. I have Silver Lightning. I have Dryer Balls. My only question is this: Does Billy Mays get this stuff for free? Like, do they comp him 100 metric tons of OxiClean ?(That shit ain't cheap!) Does he get to test out the products before they get the "Billy Mays" stamp of approval?


Oh, Billy, you may be my knight in shining armor. IF you can bring me a Flavor-Wave oven. This busy mom doesn't have time to defrost the roast, after all.

P.S. - Click on the Billy Mays link. It's so funny.

10 comments:

Chris said...

I very... VERY rarely even think twice about buying any of the products I see on TV...but.. LOL that little burger thing they just came out with, oh man I want one of those!!!!! And I tell hubby each and every single time I see the commercial that I want one.

Anna See said...

my 1st purchase was the "gut buster" in h.school. Of course, back then i didn't even HAVE a gut! right now i'm loving my HUGGABLE HANGARS!

Krissi said...

My son is an info-mercial junkie, bad part about that is the fact that he is 3! For crying out loud! I cannot count the number of times in the last 2 weeks he's tried to get my to buy a "Snuggie"!! Seriously!!!

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

Yes, Krissi, That is the exact reason I got hooked into buying the Pancake Puff Pan. My kids wanted it SOOOOO bad. I'm just a sucker.

Star Forbis said...

Thank you so much for visiting my Blog and Laughing with me. Come back any time.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

BILLY MAYES MAY BE THE MAN RIGHT NOW but watch out for Vince of Sham Wow and the Slap Chopper--you're gonna love his nuts (caps put in because Billy loves to shout!)

Stacy's Random Thoughts said...

Oh, that's just too funny!! My hubby and I always make a joke about Billy Mayes whenever his commercials come on...you know, the million-or-so times...LOL!! What's really funny is a friend of ours gave us that Pancake Puff Pan for Christmas...we haven't tried it out yet, how do you like yours? ;) That FlavorWave oven thingy looks intriguing - I'm queen of the Crock Pot in our house, so that might be something to look into! LOL! :)

Oh, and Lisa mentioned that other guy - Vince of Sham Wow...I think he's even more annoying than Billy Mayes is, only because he's got that funky head-microphone thing on...can't he update his technology? (evil grin!)

Thanks for the laugh! :) Maybe Billy Mayes will find out you're one of his biggest fans and start sending you free stuff to review...(grin!)

Weith Kick said...

The wife and I have had 2 of those ab rollers in our lifetime. They work but only if you are in shape already. Otherwise forget it. You could do 500 situps a day with those things but if you eat crap, you ain't never gonna have a washboard stomach. We don't have the ab rollers anymore. But, if I did want another one, I see them at just about every yard sale I've ever been to.

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

Puppy always asks how Billy got to be "BILLY!" Like, who was this guy before he became the Pat Sajak of hawking wares?

Jennifer said...

You mean you don't have a sham wow???