Tuesday, January 6, 2009

My New Most Favoritest TV Show

A show premiered last night on ABC. I had seen the promos for it. I was curious, but the show surpassed my expectations. Did ya see it?

TRUE BEAUTY (co-produced by Tyra Banks and Ashton Kutcher)



I am so loving this show. I turned it on, by chance, and fate smiled upon me. I hadn't missed it after all! Watching this show was like watching a train wreck. I knew what was going to happen - well, sometimes - but I just couldn't look away. The nastiness, the vanity, the conceit, it's all there. And I LOVE it that these people are put in real life situations (like, would you hold the door open for a service person?) and judged on whether or not they rise to the challenge of having true inner beauty.

Only after the sad sack has been chosen for elimination does the truth come out about the competition. On this, the first episode, the hosts/judges (Nole Marin - style guy from ANTM, Cheryl Tiegs - the original SI swimsuit supermodel, and Vanessa Minnillo - fromer host of TRL) told the eliminee that her inner beauty was being judged as well as her outer beauty. She said, "I am beautiful inside and out." OOPS - Did we mention that we have hidden camera footage of all the moments you aren't going to be so proud of? NO? Well, here, let's show them to you now.

Of course, after the video footage, she tries to give some lame half-assed explanation of what she was doing and how it doesn't really reflect who she is inside. Personally, I don't think they have cameras that can see THAT deep, hon. And, I don't think I've ever seen a reality TV show where, after being eliminated, the contestant says "I am ready to go. I want to go. I just wanna get the hell out of here." Usually they're all "Oh, I'm sad to go. I wish I could stay. I learned so much." Yeah, not so much on this show. I have never seen a contestant run away so quickly. Clearly, she was all too ready to get away from the people telling her, "You think you're beautiful? Okay, maybe on the outside. But on the inside you look like a turd." I mean, who wouldn't want to run away from that? The good news is, if her self-confidence takes a hit, she just MIGHT be able to stuff her oversized ego into the taxi as it screams away from the studio.

And you know what's going to look REALLY beautiful? Your neat and organized home, if you win the Drywall Hooks that I'm giving away! Just click here to enter and leave a comment by 11:59 on Wednesday night!

17 comments:

Mandy said...

Holy cow! My husband and I LOVED this last night. I have set my DVR. :)

Nicole O'Dell said...

Oh man! I missed it! I'll have to see if it's available to view online. I just know i'm going to love that show! lol

Annie said...

This is my first visit... Love it! Also really want those drywall hooks... I HATE anchors - actually have pushed them right through the drywall when hanging up my toilet paper holder... well, 3/4 through... I think I'm just going to spackle over it because I can't get it back out... (someday... it's in the master bath, no one really sees it HA)

jori-o said...

I DVR'd the show but haven't seen it yet--sounds like it's gonna be good! =)

Cindy said...

I watched the show briefly last night. It does look like a good one. I guess I'd be nasty to say I love seeing people like that get what's coming?

Holly said...

I watched it last night too and I'm lovin the show. I can tell it is going to get interesting :)

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

I set my DVR the minute I saw the first add for that show. I LOVED it!!!! I would have been quite happy if either of the bottom two had left.

Now - JUST to be snarky for a moment - has Cheryl Tiegs had so bad plastic surgery or was she in an accident at some point? Her mouth looked really odd.

I can't WAIT for the next episode of this show!

AngiDe- Nana's Box said...

I totally watched it. I can't believe there are people out there who are like that! Seriously some of them were really beautiful and some were.... well not so much. Like that dark haired girl.... the ditzy one trying to wash the dishes?? Pretty.... only cuz I'm jealous of her freckles.... I'd love cute ones like she has ;)

Angie
"Nana's Box"

Christine said...

I so totally watched that show last night! It wa sthe bomb! Iwas cracking up at how clueless and superficiail some of them were....and I couln't wait for the girl with the unpronouncable name to learn the truth of her inner beauty....say all you want chickie we all saw the tapes!

dddiva said...

Darn it, darn it, darn it we missed it. How did that happen?
The little diva's and I LOVE shows like this- how shallow are we, but really it sounds right up our alley.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Missed that--watched an exciting football game with a very very sad ending :(

jori-o said...

Okay, just watched it and Oh My Heavens!! HAHAHAHAhaha! I'm hooked, fo sho.

Jen said...

I so want to see this show. I am going to DVR it next week. And I so LOVE LOVE LOVE that you used turd in a post. You are so turdilious!!!!

Janie said...

Dang! I bet it was a good show.

Jennifer said...

HOW did I miss this? I must set the DVR now.

Chris said...

Aww crud!!! I waited for weeks to watch that show! I just knew it was gonna be great. And I managed to forget it was on last night. Maybe someone would be a lovely host and remind us next Monday so we don't miss it. *hint hint* *smiles*

Dorsey said...

I sat down the other evening and watched three episodes online and laughed until there were TEARS in my eyes!! That was hilarious!!! I'm hooked too! And yeah, I'm right on with you on that first one to go. Ugh!