Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Where do you get your online music?

Hey bloggie peeps, help me! I need to find a new online service for music for my MP3 player.

And, please don't tell me to get an iPod. I don't have anything against them, I just don't need one.

Right now I have a music download service that I paid for like 2 or 3 years ago for a lifetime membership for $35. It's not so great. It's basically shareware, so sometimes you get stuff that's been downloaded from the radio, or it skips, or it's been doctored somehow. (Once I downloaded a song that had most of it from the artist - Maroon 5 - and some of it had been dubbed over with some joker playing a guitar and singing the lyrics. It was more funny than annoying.) Anyway, I would prefer some service where I don't have to pay per song because I download a LOT of music. Also I'd like something that actually has some type of tech support, even if it's only by e-mail.

My current provider is called FILE VOOM PRO. Not the best, to say the least. I used to have ARES ULTRA. Long story short, I want to switch because every time I try to log on, it has trouble connecting and sometimes I have to wait like a half hour. Once it's connected I never have a problem, except I get some sketchy download titles too. Don't ask - it's p0Rn related.

So, I know iTunes is out there but does anyone else have any other recommendations?

10 comments:

Scary Mommy said...

Limewire. But I have no morals like that.

The Nice One said...

You mean you can get it frome somewhere other than iTunes? Wow...go figure.

Haha...I am so technologically unsavvy!

Jennifer said...

I've been downloading some stuff from Amazon. The prices aren't too bad and they have a huge selection. You can download one song or the entire album, just like itunes.

Sidney (Sixy Mama) said...

Um, yeah...Limewire.

MeadowLark said...

Rhapsody. I pay an extra $2 a month for unlimited downloads to my mp3 player. The songs stay there until I remove them. It's not the same as buying but it's more like renting. I'd check it out.

Mama2hre said...

Hi! I found your blog at Mc Mommy. I had to stop by and see your comments to this post. We are new to the mp3 world and are looking for a service too. So....I guess I'll be checking out Limewire! :)

Jamie said...

My mom uses my iTunes to add music to her MP3 player. Limewire is good stuff too.

Cookie Crums said...

Limewire works for my hubby and me. We've had no problems so far. And it's free. Good luck!

Emily Retherford said...

I use both Limewire and Blubster. However, because they are shareware I use an old computer in case of viruses. Both are great and I haven't had any problems just be careful!

Emily
Mama and Hustler???
My Mommy Chronicles
Blah-Zay

Dorsey said...

I use Limewire for most things, and only occasionally use iTunes.