Sunday, February 1, 2009

Are You Crap?

I actually got an email in my spam box from "crap".

I always check my spam mail before dumping it, just to see how many people want to give me their lottery money from Nigeria, or how many companies think I need male enhancement pharmecuticals from Canada. Maybe, I keep thinking, a legitimate email will mistakenly get redirected there. So far, I've noticed that Google is pretty good at figuring out what is junk mail and what isn't.

So, if you are "crap" and you are trying to offer me a database of physicians, hospitals, and pharmacies, I hope you don't mind if I suggest that you get a new screen name. Not only does the name reek of unprofessionalism, but I just can't see myself calling a client and saying, "Hello. I got your name from crap."

10 comments:

Chris said...

Ugh..... I thought I had changed my outgoing mail's name. LOL j/k

Now I'm going to have to go check my spam box and see how many Crap letters I have.

Jennifer said...

But it got your attention.

Nicole O'Dell said...

Hey, that Nigerian guy wants to give ME his money--you know, he's acting on his bosses behalf--so, clearly those messages were sent to you by accident!

:)

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Well... they get points for truth in advertising, right?

Anglophile Football Fanatic said...

There are many days I think I'm crap. Are you sure it wasn't me?

Jen said...

Um you are not crap but you are a turd! ;)

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Once the caller ID on our phone read "Telemarketer" I was all, "oh man, I better get that call RIGHT NOW!"

KEEP BELIEVING

Anna See said...

i am not crap, but thanks for the laugh.

dddiva said...

LOL No crap here, but I really got a good giggle- thanks for sharing.

Ryan@Cool Dad Central said...

The Nigerian guy swore to me that the check was in the mail!!