Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nope. Not Bitter At All.

Have you ever noticed, that when you remind a man about the things he wants/needs, you're being "helpful"...
"Honey, isn't tonight your poker night with the guys?"
"Yeah, sweetie. I know where your chainsaw is. Remember, you loaned it to Paul, next door? Weren't you going to get that back from him, like, 6 months ago?"
"Hey love, don't let me forget that I still owe you $10, mmkay?"

But, when you remind a man about the things YOU want/need, you're being a "nag"?
"Honey, I know you're getting ready for bed now, but when were you going to take that trash out? I asked you to do it, like, 5 hours ago."
"Hey, darlin, are you still picking up the kids from school today?"
"So, uh, this pile of papers has been sitting here in the kitchen for 2 weeks now. You said they were 'important'. Were you going to do something with them? When exactly??"

No, those conversations never happened in my house.

And no, I'm not bitter. Not bitter at all.

14 comments:

Chris said...

Admit it! You've been spying on me again.

Dorsey said...

Ah yes...like yesterday when the hubby got home and I informed him I'd been in bed sick all day he asked promptly "what's for dinner?"

Janie at Sounding Forth said...

Have you been in my house? ;) I got a little hubby rant at my blog.

Debbi said...

mmmmmm hmmmmmmm. amen sista!

Cookie Crums said...

OH my! Exact same thing last night. "What's up with these pants here on the KITCHEN COUNTER??!!"

The hubby, "They just havent' made it to my closet yet."

Me: "HELLO! you've been to the bedroom 5 times I know since you laid them here."

I think it's a man thing. Because I certainly don't do things like that. (grin and wink) ha ha

Sturgmom said...

HAHA! I totally relate! If I ask more than once for J. to do anything, I'm nagging. So what if the first time I asked him was 6 months ago! ;)

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

Sturg - yes and know what else? I just *LOVE* (not) being called a nag. I mean, how 'bout turnabout. What if I called him lazy? How would that play? Not so good.

Dorsey - my standard response to THAT is "whatever YOU'RE fixing."

jori-o said...

Word.

Jen said...

We have this same problem over here. It can get down right ridiculous. Men!

Laurie said...

Yup... sounds very familiar. Too familiar!

Found you via the DFW Bloggers Dinner blogroll! I'll see you Saturday!

Aleta said...

LMAO - yeah, that sound about right. Lol

Aria said...

Well, we all know we're not alone here! It's such a MAN thing... makes ya wanna remind em with a brick stick, doesn't it?

Natalie said...

lol!!! agh. those "important" papers are ALWAYS somewhere in my house where they don't really belong. nope, not bitter at all!

Bridgett said...

Ditto all that!