Sunday, March 15, 2009

Turn It On

Am I the only person who does her regular shopping after 10pm? I like to go after my little angels have all gone to sleep at night, when I can string together two thoughts in one sitting. You see, the idea of taking all 4 children to the grocery store is nightmarish enough. Add to that a weekly ad flyer that has specific items on sale. Add to that about 3 or 4 crucial coupons that are about the size of a postage stamp. Add to that a half-dozen cloth bags that I must remember to bring into the store with me. Add to THAT a frequent shopper card.

That's one scary addition problem.

So, tonight I was driving to Tom Thumb and Albertsons to get my weekly grocery deals. Of course, Tom Thumb was completely out of 75% of the things that were on sale. Now I'll have to go back tomorrow which is just a chaotic headache waiting to happen. Anyhoo, I am turning out of my subdivision and notice a car driving really slow. I am thinking, this is either an old person who can't see to drive at night, or it's a drunk driver. Either way, I'm in the pole position to get broadsided in 5.... 4.... 3.... 2.... 1.... and then the person turns. Onto the street that I'm on.

This makes my blood boil. Why, you ask?

No blinker.

What is so flippin hard about putting on your blinker asshat? Are your fingers just too exhausted from texting while driving? Or maybe you've pulled a ligament from flipping someone the bird? WHAT? Please tell me so that I may know why you're so opposed to making your dashboard do the little blink-ah-blink-ah-blink-ah.

I mean, occasionally I like to live on the edge too. So I guess "not turning on my turn signal" might rank up there with "bungee jumping" and "swimming with sharks". Is that it? You like to live dangerously? Live each day, moment to moment?

Turn on your blinker, people. I'm begging you. Or I might have to unleash my children on you the next time we're all in the sugared cereal aisle together.

And, while you're at it, for the love of all that is holy, turn off your bright lights when driving in town. On roads with a 35 mph speed limit. With tons of other cars on the road too. YOU ARE BLINDING US ALL.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Um.

Maybe it is time to get a babysitter and go do something for MOM for a couple of hours. That doesn't include shopping for needed supplies!

I'm picturing you with bugged-out eyes, hair sproinging out like Glenn Close in the Dalmations movies, chewing on legos to keep yourself calm. Go get a mani-pedi or something! Something JUST FOR MOM. NO KIDS ALLOWED.

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

Hey, have you been spying on me?

Jennifer said...

Road rage much? Hmmm..... hmmmm???

Just kidding. I have the horrible, horrible road rage that causes me to yell and curse and the other drivers on the road and call them stupid..... with my kids in the car. Yeah, I admit it. I suck. I'm try to control it but sometime the sheer stupidity of other people just sends me over the edge. I mean, I barely hanging on as it is.

Jen said...

Even though, I am guilty of not always using my blinker, I do my best b/c it drives me crazy when other ppl don't.
Another thing that drives me crazy is when ppl stop and then put the blinker. They are just turds!

Sturgmom said...

You shop @ 10:00 PM? Sounds heavenly to be at the store sans kids, but you know what else sounds heavenly? SLEEP! In other words, no I don't shop late at night. I'm too afraid of the boogie monsters.

sassy stephanie said...

It's a sad day when you enjoy shopping at 10pm alone. I hit that sad state a few years ago!

I H.A.T.E when peeps drive with their brights on. But, non-stop blinker makes me more nuts. Ya know, when they leave that damn thing on and drive in a straight line for like, 10 miles.

Melissa said...

I love late night shopping myself! Don't get to do it nearly as often as I'd like.

Just Me said...

I have some road rage too but had to calm it down when my daughter started yelling after me "What are you doing people?!" *lol*

Chris said...

My left blinker is broken but I still use the thing cuz I hate being the asshat. I have to turn it on and off, on and off, on..... and off..... but I do it!!