Sunday, March 29, 2009

Yes, Hell Has Frozen Over. And I'm Doing A Meme.

I don't usually do memes because for some reason I think that I must come up with something completely original to talk about. Because, you know, my own thoughts must be SO much better than some regurgitated Q&A session...

Well, nothin' original swimming around in THIS brain. So, here we go.

Got this meme from Bridgett at South City Musings.Thanks for helping me get over the blogger's block.


What is your current obsession?
getting the spots out of my carpet

Good brunch place? I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a meal out. Sure I've been out but enjoy it? With 4 kids? One of whom is a toddler? Uh, no.

Do you nap a lot? I think it's a throwback to my childhood that napping was considered lazy, so I can't shake the feeling that napping is somehow sinful. My pastor husband loves showing me how wrong I am.

So, no, I don't nap a lot. Maybe twice a year.

Who was the last person you hugged?
Linus, to tell him I loved him (His response: "No you don't." Ah, ain't motherhood grand?)

What’s for dinner? Hot dogs, spaghetti-o's, applesauce, slices of Velveeta, and milk. Yes, I suck at cooking THAT much.

What was the last thing you bought?
Gas. Before that, lime green flip-flops for Charlie Brown at Six Flags (today) because his shoes broke and we walked around Six Flags for about an hour before we could stop and find a store that would sell him some footwear.

What are you listening to right now? Linus getting up out of bed after I have threatened and begged him to stay under his covers.

What is your favorite weather? Sunny, about 85 degrees, slight breeze.

What’s on your bedside table? A bible, lamp, box of Kleenex, couple of TV remotes, spool of thread and a needle.

Say something to the person/s who tagged you.
I'm coming to St. Louis this summer. Wanna meet up for coffee? Or diet Coke?

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you want it to be?
Maybe somewhere near a beach. But then you have to deal with hurricanes. Maybe in St. Louis or southern IL. Lots of places I think I will love even though I've never been there, simply because people have described them so beautifully. I'd love to have a simple house but a lot of land and maybe a pond.

Favorite vacation spot?
Theoretical or actual? Theoretical: Ireland. Actual: Ft. Myers, FL.

Name the things you can’t live without.
Hershey's Kisses, diet Coke, resale shops.

What would you like to have in your hands right now?
my new camera. I returned the new camera to Best Buy and instead I'm going to get the EXACT same new camera from a local store because they will give me a free photography class and $10 of free photo developing every month for a year. That's $170 worth of stuff. Plus they actually know how to work the cameras and will help me if I need it. BUT they are all sold out now and I've got one on order.

What is your favorite tea flavor? Iced? I don't really drink tea.

What would you like to get rid of? All. My. Husband's. Fishing. Crap.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? A spa, for a massage.

What did you want to become as a child? A stripper, until I found out that it's not okay to take your clothes off in front of people (they always wear shiny clothes and get lots of attention! It looked fun!) Then I wanted to be a doctor, but I don't really like science. Then I wanted to be a chef. Then I wanted to be a teacher (at about age 8)... and I became a teacher.

What do you like better, e-mail or telephone calls? Telephone because I get the immediate response.

What is your favorite sport to play? swimming.

What was your favorite concert you attended? Sting with Lyle Lovett opening, at Riverport Amphitheater. Attended with an awesome friend. Very memorable.

What is one thing that will ALWAYS make you smile? This joke: How do you make a Kleenex dance? YOU PUT A LITTLE BOOGIE IN IT!!! (I loved that joke as a kid and so do my own kids. It's so funny and so non-offensive. The perfect balance.)


Okay, if you want to participate in the meme, just copy the questions and tweak them to make them your own. You can tag people... I just want to say, whoever likes this meme you can consider yourself tagged.

11 comments:

Jennifer said...

Interesting stuff. I love the background on your blog. Neat!

Jennifer said...

Good answers. And I love silly jokes. Even better when based on a pun.

Noah's Mommy said...

Love...what you put...and sometimes originality is so overrated

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Memes can be fun--this one was :)

Karly said...

Sliced Velveeta...that CRACKS ME UP. As does the stripper thing!

OHmommy said...

i love diet coke too.... and swimming has always been my most favorite sport to take part of. i love how you can escape underwater and just GO. I miss swimming.

Jill said...

I popped in just for your freezing of Hell....and SOOOO enjoyed your Meme!!!
Can you believe I have never heard the kleenex/boogie joke and am eager to WOW my kids with it when they get home from school today!!???
Have a good one!
Jill

E said...

Hey this was nice, getting to know you better. i never do memes either, but I always like when other people do. (What is that about Dr freud)
I love to nap and also feel that it is a little sinful.
And you definitely need to get to Ireland.
Im from St Louis too, (well a little bedroom community across the river, Edwardsville. But as adults we lived in St Louis and my business was there for several years and our kids went to New City in the Central West End. You?
And when you are there this summer go to Riddles for me. i miss it...

Bridgett said...

yes to coffee.

Lyle Lovett and Sting sounds awesome.

Mama Kat said...

I like reading memes...you learn so much!

And I love how your husband proves you wrong with the naps! So does mine!

Chris said...

That was a fun little learning experience. Although I must say that I was a little distraught by the comment about getting rid of fishing equipment. But hey, if you do, I know who you can donate it to. *smiles real big*

Very cool on the camera deal!! And I almost choked @ the fact that you wanted to be a stripper. But you're right. They do have pretty clothes.