Thursday, April 9, 2009

See Texan Mama. Hear Texan Mama Talk. Watch Texan Mama Vlog.

Okay, so over at SITS (The Secret is in The Sauce - if you haven't ever been there then you must be living in a closet. Seriously, these girls are uber-fun) they had the Featured Blogger of the day, and it had something to do with vlogs. (In case you don't know what that is... and there are no stupid questions here... except "what's a stupid question?".... then vlog is video-log.) I am not completely sure what I'm supposed to do with my vlog, but I've decided to go ahead and post it on my blog.

Doing a vlog for the first time has taught me a few things:
1. For God's sake, I need to put on make-up before doing on-screen appearances. And, you wouldn't believe this but I actually did comb my hair today. But, picking up a baby and putting her down a dozen times will cause the crazy hairs to do their own thang. Plus my hair is in that ever popular but really annoying in-between stage.
2. I think I have a lisp that no one has ever told me about. I never noticed it before. Maybe it's just my camera.
3. When video-ing a large area, I need to do less sweep the whole area quickly back and forth, and do more of show each area steadily, then slowly move to another area. I sincerely apologize if you get some motion sickness from watching this video.
4. Apparently I have a few systems that are in place but not working. Okay, actually, I have a lot of systems that definitely aren't working. I must put some attention on improving that.

Since I've been waiting for my video to be uploaded onto YouTube (does it usually take this long? I've been waiting like 2 hours) I have successfully tidied the bedroom and cleaned the bathroom. I'm off to do more cleaning so I can someday aspire to have a vlog where I am not ashamed to go into certain areas of my house, and the semi-messy rooms are the cleanest of the bunch. That's pretty sad.

okay, so without further ado, here is my vlog:

18 comments:

Anna See said...

Ok, now that was fun! I absolutely have a sense of curiosity about where my blog friends live. Thanks for satisfying it!

Jess said...

I heart you!
Your vlog just made my day!!
I thought my house was the only one with papers on my ledge and laundry on my couch!!
and chairs turned over and a bed unmade!
Thank you!

I didn't even get motion sickness!

Dorsey said...

Nope, no motion sickness here. I would do the same thing, but then you'd all know how big of a slob I REALLY am! hahaha!!! Perhaps some day I'll be brave enough to attempt one of these myself. I thoroughly enjoyed it though! Nothing like seeing the realness in people!

Scary Mommy said...

You're braver than I am. Vlogging is one bandwagon I'm not jumping on!!! And you're adorable. :)

J said...

I like it!! It makes me feel like you are one of the people Skyping in on Oprah :-) It inspires me to do the same as soon as I get the video thing all hooked up!

Debbi said...

I won't be vlogging my home- I'd lose all my dayhome families, I'm sure! LOL

You're super fun-- real life is WAY better!

Halftime Lessons said...

Bravo, my friend.

You are in a safe place here. We are not here to judge. Mainly because we have twice as many piles.

sigh...

No solutions, either.

Live with it.

Jay

Jen said...

I loved this! As far as I am concerned you can vlog any time you want! It is nice to see you and your house looks totally like mine expect I move any paper that my hubby leaves around. If they are in my space they are gone. And I so know what you mean about cleaning high chair trays. HATE that too!!!!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I love it--I have not heard of VLOGS--yours is awesome!

And for a mom with 4, I think your house looks great. The main goal for moms with 4 or more is make sure the house does not get condemned by the Board of Health (and you are nowhere near that!!!!)

Chris said...

I love your non working system with the kids. I have one of those, too.

Same goes for the kitchen counter and the important CRAP that I refuse to clean and he says must NOT be moved... except here, it's his table in the living room.

And since no one else mentioned it, I will tell you that you do NOT have a lisp. LOL

No way would you catch me doing this. Your house looks like a family with children lives there. Mine looks like farm animals live here and we're visited by tornadoes daily.

You should vlog more often. =D I liked it.

Christine said...

I totally "heart" your vlog. I wish I had a video camera so badly to jump on that bandwagon....That is what I need to start pitching to PR companies....to sponsor me a video camera, and I will vlog about them.

You do not have a lisp at all, and your house looks completely normal. I also have the counter filled with paperwork ...and a dining room packed full of scrapbooking supplies. What fun!

Jennifer said...

Great post! And my house is way, way worse.

Baby Sally is so cute and I think my favorite part was when she walked in front of the camera.

I would never be able to do this. I can not stand to hear myself recorded. My accent is SO strong. Maybe one day I'll work up the nerve.

Pinky said...

You're so awesome. Truly.
I love your honesty and willingness to be real.
Never heard of a vlog before.
Ohh, that baby Sally is such a doll!

dianthe said...

loved it!! but you're a better woman than i - there is NO WAY i'd be showing my bedroom to the world - it's a scary, scary place - but thanks to you, i might just get motivates enough to do a vlog myself!

vanna said...

Loved the vlog...great idea!!! Your baby is totally adorable!!

Sturgmom said...

Good to "see" you! I hate me recorded voice (which is probably what everyone else hears whenever I'm TALKING) so I don't think I'll be doing a vlog anytime soon. Or with my track record, I'll jump on the bandwagon when I'm the last person on the free earth left to do it.

jori-o said...

The state of my home is exceptionally similar to yours!! =)

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

I only did it yesterday, but no, I didn't clean my house first.

Like most of blogger/mommies, keeping house has been bumped to the end of my to-do list. ;)