Friday, April 3, 2009

This Is Not Mathematically Correct

So, has anyone else out there had problems with Feedburner? HMMMM?

I know that they kinda blew a big internet fart on my buddy Scary Mommy and she had a big contest to get her readers back.

But me? I just can't figure it out. One day I had 147 subscribers. The next day, 26. Uh, WHAT? I hadn't changed my URL, I hadn't changed my feed source, I hadn't even gone to the Feedburner site. I did go there about 2 months ago and switched Feedburner over to the Google Feed, and my numbers went down for like a day or two but then they recovered right away. And they never took a plunge like this.

And, here's what simply doesn't add up: If I have over 80 followers, shouldn't I have at LEAST that many in my subscription number? Those are just people who subscribe through google... who knows how many subscribe through yahoo or bloglines or even directly through email. (I know, hundreds. Maybe thousands. But they're too shy to admit it. It's okay to admit it. hee hee)

But seriously, has anyone else been having trouble with their subscription numbers like this?

7 comments:

Meadowlark said...

Right now I only pay attention to followers and that's only barely because it's so small.

In blogger I don't really know how many people "follow" or "subscribe".

So I'm useless, but at least I didn't say

FIRST!

Wendy said...

Mine went from 13 to 5 in a single day. I was wondering why 8 people stopped liking me in a single day, LOL.

Statistically this is probably irrelevant.

Jennifer said...

I don't have it either. Sorry. I just don't think I'm popular enough for that yet. And if I did have it and it crashed like that I would be broken hearted.

Sturgmom said...

Again, I'm behind the technological times, and don't even know how to check those numbers, so that's the extent of my helpfulness. In that I'm not at all.

But I wanted to let you know I gave you an award. The post won't be published until tomorrow morning, so check then, but I wanted to give you advanced warning. Because I AM helpful like THAT.

Mama Kat said...

I don't even KNOW how many people subscribe to my feed! How do you figure THAT out??

texasholly said...

Feedburner has totally sucked lately. I am at 1/5th of what I normally have right this minute. ARghhhhh.

anymommy said...

Yep, it happens to me every month or so. Drives me crazy, but it's all a feedburner problem.