Friday, May 22, 2009

A Deal or A Fake?

I love Fridays, almost as much as I love Mondays.

You see, Monday is the day that my 3 older kids go back to school after a long weekend. Texan Papa's weekend work schedule is: Fri 12:30-9:00, Sat: 7:30-4:00, and Sun: 12:30-9:00. So, you see, I am basically the only one in charge of all kiddos for the WHOLE weekend. And to answer your question, YES that does suck pretty much.

But Friday is the day that the baby goes to Mother's Day Out from 9am-noon. Then she comes home and immediately takes a nap until I go pick up the kids from school. SO I kinda have the day off, which is nice, except I have to come to her school at lunchtime to take her home, then I have to stay at home for the rest of the afternoon. But at least it's quiet.

So, today I spent my Friday morning going to thrift stores and resale shops to buy some Maternity clothes. WOO-HOO I am finally allowing myself to do this now that I am officially done with my 1st trimester. (Insert mini-party voice here).

So, at my local favorite thrift store I found this cute pink purse:

It is pink microfiber and it is kinda small, measuring about 5 1/2 in. x 8 in. The label says "kate spade NEW YORK". I'm not one who normally cares about labels. As a matter of fact, I think women should have their heads examined for buying purses that cost over $100, since they get things spilled on them, pens leak on the lining, and half the time there's a snotty tissue inside it. But, if you like to indulge, I won't judge you.

Anyway, I thoroughly looked this purse over. I checked the lining: no "Made in China" label. I looked at the label closely: no weird stitching or spelling. I looked at the magnetic snap: it says "kate spade" on it also.


So, I figured, I'll just go ahead and get it. If I can't tell it's a fake (not that I'm an expert or anything) then probably it's good enough to pass.

I went home and googled this web site. After checking out all the things it had to say about fakes and real kate spade purses, I think it just... might... be... genuine.

I can't figure out if I care or not.

Oh, can I tell you how much I paid for this purse?

$1.49.

15 comments:

anymommy said...

I absolutely consider any quiet time to be priceless. So glad to hear that you are going to Florida, how cute will you be with your new pink purse?

Scary Mommy said...

I have no idea, but for 1.49$ even a fake is a steal! And so glad you're out of the first trimester- whoo-hoo!!!

sassy stephanie said...

Huh? $1.49? Does it matter?

♥ Becky ♥ said...

How cool is that!!!! I thought it looked real but I'm no expert.
I think it's a totally cute bag so who cares. :) Enjoy it!!!!

Jen said...

Holy cow that is amazing! Can you get one for me too?

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

That purse is cute no matter WHO made it! And a GREAT deal at $1.49!!!

Sturgmom said...

I wouldn't know a designer anything if it jumped up and bit me on the nose, but you paid a buck fifty for a cute purse, so WTG!!!

Christine said...

Since I carry a fake Kate Spade (and honestly don't care) I think your purse is fabulous! I love cute purses and you have put me into total accessory envy right now.

Of course if I lived as close to Sam Moon as you do I would be purse shopping there to supplement my addiction, LOL

Wendy said...

Very nice! I love little purses.

And I'm glad all is going well with your pregnancy, too.

Karly said...

HOW DID I NOT KNOW YOU WERE PREGNANT? Congratulations!

Also, 1.49 is a steal even if it is a fake! You could always sell it on ebay and make a little cash if it's real!

AB HOME INTERIORS said...

Looks good to me. And if you like it, who cares who made it. Stopping by from SITS!! Happy day!

Jennifer said...

Love it. Kate Spade. Pink. And only a $1.49. I'm driving to DFW to go shopping with you!

Cookie Crums said...

Yes I need my head examined on occasion but who doesn't over someting. And for $1.49....who the heck cares? It's a cute purse.

Anna See said...

Cute, fun purse! Glad you had some "me" time. You deserve it!

Aleta said...

I wouldn't care if it wasn't a real one, it's adorable and what a steal!