Thursday, May 14, 2009

Etsy Ewww

So, I've been playing around with the idea of listing some stuff on Etsy. I have NO idea if it's even worth my time.

I have been investigating Etsy lately because one of my children is having a nighttime dryness problem, and I was hoping to find some type of waterproof cloth nighttime underpant. He/She doesn't want to wear pull-ups because they say that Pull-Ups feel like diapers and, frankly, I'd have to agree. This child is certainly too old for a typical training pant, as daytime potty training took place years ago.

So, as I searched "training pants" I came upon this Etsy handmade creation:

Here is the description:
This is an adult sized training pants or pull-up style diaper intended for ageplay or adult babies. This item is 100% cotton. The outside and inside are black cotton thermal knit with a green and blue owls. The soaker panel is 4 layers of 100% cotton thermal knit. There is elastic around the waist for a comfortable fit. This will fit hip measurements of 40 to 46 inches. The width at the crotch is 6 inches.

I had to Google "ageplay" because I had a suspicion about what it meant but didn't want to be too dense.

All I can say is, ew. Ew Ew Ew Ew.

I am wondering how many adult owls underpants have sold.

11 comments:

Jess said...

WOW!!! EW!!!
I've listed some things on etsy and now I'm wondering why.
It seemed like such a good idea until I've gone a week and nothing has sold.
Too bad there's not a way to find out how many have sold. If it's alot I may shoot for that!

(I AM SOOOO KIDDING!)

Debbi said...

I'm ashamed to NOT have to google "ageplay". Not because I enjoy that type of... play. But it's one of those things you log in your 'wierdest crap I saw on TV once' part of your brain.

Christine said...

Oh There was an episode about that on CSI one time....there are just some freaks out in the world. I am all with you on the EWWWWWW part.

Scary Mommy said...

OH, MY, GAWD. That is just so disturbing.

Wendy said...

This is not something I needed to know on a Friday morning.

THANKS.

lol. ew.

sassy stephanie said...

WTF? Ew is right on the money.

Jennifer said...

I totally agree. EEEWWWWWWW

vanna said...

they would make a great gag gift for someone though!!! but yes eeeeww and nasty!!

Sturgmom said...

I always just like to think that products like those are good for severely developmentally disabled adults. And then I stick my head in the sand.

Bridgett said...

I used to make baby slings, and I had a friend who made cloth diaper all-in-ones--we made them for the same store, on sort of a loose consignment basis. Slings are slings, but you would be surprised at the request she would get via the store from, well, age play folks. Bleah.

Anna See said...

Yikes. I need to NOT think about this. Eeek.