Thursday, May 28, 2009

Feeling Groovy

I have decided to take on Mama Kat's Writing Workshop challenge this week. Y'all can play along too!
What is your life's anthem? You know...that song that is ALWAYS in your head. The one you'd go to sing first if someone told you to sing a song right NOW. What is it and what does it mean to you?
(inspired by Tattooed Minivan Mom)

Can you already guess my song? If you can't, you just may have been born after 1975 or you never had any older siblings who played records in their strictly-off-limits bedroom while you plastered your ear to the door.


On any given day, I may or may not be feeling groovy, but all I have to do is hear that song to remember what makes me happy: slowing down, appreciating what is around me, and reveling in the simplicity that is creation. The things in life that make me happiest are those that are not manufactured but rather just exist: a clear blue sky, my child's laughter, patience, a hug, acceptance.

Sometimes I forget to slow down and Texan Papa will say, "Greta," (that's his nickname for me), "slow down. Ya move too fast..." No, he won't sing it, but he'll say it. And it never annoys me nearly as much as when he says, "Why don't you just leave those dishes for later?" To which I am obligated to respond, "Because we don't have a housekeeper and I don't think a fairy is going to fly in and do them for me. So I guess my choice is do them now or do them later!!!"

See? Texan Papa is smart. He knows how to avoid conflict.

8 comments:

Ashlee said...

Sometimes I forget to slow down too. I get caught up in being a "Mom" that actually being a Mom and having fun flys right by me. My baby is a year old now, and I cant believe it! Lately, I've just been playing, instead of doing the dishes and the funny thing? My husband doesn't seem to mind the least :) Stopping by from Mama Kat's Workshop!

xo,Ash

Kelly said...

I too need the reminder to stop and take it easy every once and a while!

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Love that song--love S & G but then that might be obvious by my second daughter's real name :)

It is hard to slow down and relax but if we don't, our body forces us too!

Soxy Deb said...

If I slow down I may just stop altogether.

You do have a very smart hubby. He knows that if mama aint happy....

Sturgmom said...

Your husband is smarter than mine! When I get upset, I usually hear, "Have patience. Have patience. Don't be in such a hurry..." Not smart.

Christy said...

I need to remember that song for myself! Thanks for that!

Wendy said...

I love this song.

Since I've had to give up my coffee, I'm one whole peg BELOW groovy. I'm anesthetized. I need a "get up and get moving" song for today!

disa said...

成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,免費視訊,視訊交友,視訊美女,視訊做愛,正妹牆,美女交友,玩美女人,美女,美女寫真,美女遊戲,hi5,hilive,hi5 tv,a383,微風論壇,微風,伊莉,伊莉討論區,伊莉論壇,sogo論壇,台灣論壇,plus論壇,plus,痴漢論壇,維克斯論壇,情色論壇,性愛,性感影片,校園正妹牆,正妹,AV,AV女優,SEX,走光,a片,a片免費看,A漫,h漫,成人漫畫,免費A片,色情網站,色情遊戲,情色文學,麗的色遊戲,色情,色情影片,同志色教館,色色網,色遊戲,自拍,本土自拍,kk俱樂部,後宮電影院,後宮電影,85cc免費影城,85cc免費影片,免費影片,免費小遊戲,免費遊戲,小遊戲,遊戲,好玩遊戲,好玩遊戲區,A片,情趣用品,遊戲區,史萊姆好玩遊戲,史萊姆,遊戲基地,線上遊戲,色情遊戲,遊戲口袋,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖,我的遊戲口袋,小遊戲區,手機遊戲,貼圖