Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Jobs I would Never Share

(start humming that famous "favorite Things" song from Sound of Music. Julie Andrews eat your heart out)

scrubbing out skid marks from Spiderman Undies
wiping up vomit from too many sundaes

combing out tangles from long brunette hair
These are the jobs that I never would share

(bmm dip dip bmmm dip dip)

Plunging the toilets from toys that go swimming
fixing the haircut from a 3-year-old trimming

Saying once more that "Life's not always fair."
These are the jobs that I never would share

(big crescendo)

When the dog bites, when the bee stings,
When my kids feel sad,
I cuddle and kiss them and give them a hug,
And then I don't feel so bad.

(bmm dip dip bmmm dip dip)

driving the carpool and paying tuition
giving up Twinkies for better nutrition

sewing the arm back on a ragged teddy bear
These are the jobs that I never would share

Learning the theme songs from SpongeBob and Dora
taming a melt-down at the grocery store-ah

Answering "WHY?" with the evil-eye stare
These are the jobs that I never would share.

When they're not picked, when they're too small,
When they're last by a tad,
I tell them, "In my book you're still number 1"
And then they don't feel so bad.

From MamaKat's Writer's Workshop:
4.) If you could change career paths now and be anything you wanted to be...what would you be and why?
See, I'd be a SAHM forever if I could. And at the rate I'm popping out babies, that's not an unrealistic perspective.

17 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, this is GREAT!!! Thanks for the morning giggle!!

Trudy said...

Awesome, and I did totally sing it!

Visiting from Mama Kat's!

Jennifer said...

Completely and Totally Awesome!!!!

What was that about a lost mojo. That was perfection.

kisatrtle said...

that was super great!

HaB said...

Love it! Love that song!! I seem to have that song stuck in my head today.

And, to err on blogger etiquette, I do a post each Thursday based on that song.

April said...

That was great! Not I'm gonna have that song in my head all day!

Kekibird said...

BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!! That had me LOLing at work. It was awesome!

Thanks for sharing (and for getting that song stuck in my head). Happy Thursday!

Isabel Princes said...

What a great post! I love the song. I love when people do something creative like this!!! (not that you were aiming to please me, but be aware that you did :)

Jen said...

this was totally awesome! I mean really you are so onto something.

shortmama said...

That was so funny and creative!

Anna See said...

LOVE IT! Thanks for a great song and a great reminder about BLESSINGS.

Mama Kat said...

Ummmmmm....A++!! This is REALLY good...and yes...I sang it! And I'll be singing it for the rest of the day (thanks a lot)...but I LOVE it!!

Life with Kaishon said...

OH MY GOSH! you are so creative. Maybe creative enough to be a writer for a television show? Or a musical.... See, I bet you didn't think about those career options did you? : )

Debbi said...

YAY! I liked this one a lot! VERY good poetry skillz you got there!

jori-o said...

Wow! Impressive!

Angel said...

I totally just sang your blog post! Thanks for the giggle! I think that a SAHM is a great career!

Robin said...

LOL....brilliant!
I was actually singing your post. :-D

Hope your day has been beautiful.