Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Mojo What?

I've lost my mojo.

I think I used to have it somewhere... around here... but now I believe it's lost underneath the pile of bills, and girl scout badges to be sewn on, and a pile of near-expired coupons, and gift certificates for places that aren't even open anymore.

I can remember a time when I used to have something witty to say. Maybe even funny. Once in a blue moon it would be hilarious. But lately I'm all, gloom and doom and poor me and whine whine whine and tell me something that makes me feel less pitiful.

OKAY PEOPLE YOU ARE OFFICIALLY OFF THE CLOCK! IF I CONTINUE TO FEEL PATHETIC, IT'S ONLY BECAUSE I ACTUALLY AM PATHETIC.

I have let all the things that worry me overtake my mojo. Like:
Dad had back surgery two weeks ago. Supposed to be routine outpatient deal. Instead he gets pneumonia and lands himself in ICU. Still not feeling better.

Oh, did I mention that I am supposed to be coming to his house, where he's currently recuperating from surgery, in Florida, with my 4 wild animals children and a girlfriend and her kid? In 6 days from now?

So, dad surgery = stress. Me taking over his condo while he's recovering from surgery = more stress.

And, our kids school? Loooonnnnnng story, but it's not working out so well. Finding another private school = big bucks = stress. Deciding if I can send my kids to public school with other kids who think saying "JESUS CHRIST" is the response if you spill your milk = more stress.

So, where's my mojo?? Have you seen it? Where did it go? Where's the last time you've seen it?

Here, mojo, mojo. Please come back...

8 comments:

Jen said...

Who know what life sucks. Totally. This is why I live in a bubble so that life can't get in to me. (yeah right)

Anna See said...

Sorry so much is going on, especially with your dad's health. And the Christian vs. Public school decision-- it's a doozy! We are dealing with that right this minute, too. Our public school is one of the best around, in one of the best school systems in the country, but we are still torn... about so many things.

Cookie Crums said...

I honestly think a lot of people are feeling stress these days. I'm not saying that will make you feel better my any means but you're not the only one. My husband and I were talking about our college days....how "clueless" we were!! Just studying, classes, playing sports and hanging with friends....I thought that was stressful! If I only knew what the "real" world was like.

sassy stephanie said...

Man oh man. I feel for you. My life is stressful and I don't have the added hormone thing.

Email me about school if you want to chat. I was in your situation last year. bit.of.sassy @ gmail . com

Christine said...

Hmmm I found something while I was floating the lazy river today....could that have been it? Ummmm on second thought I think it was some kids flip flop.

Seriously not all public schools are terrible. It is all about finding the right group of kids within the school that support and reflect your values you have for your kids.

Look around at any smaller districts around you (3A or less) and see what they have to offer.

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

Oh my GOSH are you in my head??? Cause I'm missing some MAJOR mojo... and things are just sucky lately....

But... gotta get better soon!

anymommy said...

Hey, that's a lot to handle, especially in your condition! But, I hope the mojo finds you again soon.

Jennifer said...

I don't know so much about losing the mojo. This is a pretty darn good/funny post.

I'm sure your dad will love to see you and the kids. Don't worry about them driving him nuts because they will probably be outside most of the time you are there.

Public school, think about it like this, you live in a great area where the schools are good AND what kind of influence could YOUR kids be on THOSE kids. They may do some wonderful things that they otherwise wouldn't have the opportunity to do.

See how I'm trying to be all positive today. I think I'll go pat myself on the back now.