Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Update!

I know I've had a few nail-biters of posts lately, so I feel I should fill you in on the "after the show" results and outcomes.

1. In this post I talked about my weeds in my yard. I have pulled up most of the weeds and they are happily thriving again. It looks like it's going to be another summer-long battle of the wills: woman vs. weed. And, those things that people keep telling me are irises, well, they still haven't bloomed anything yet.

2. In this post I told everyone about the cute little Kate Spade (?) pink purse I bought at a thrift store for $1.50. Not that I care about names but I TOTALLY care about bargains. I could care less if it's real or fake, but I am in love with the idea that it cost someone else, brand new, like $200 or something and I got it for the price of a bottle of Coke. But, it may be a moot point since Baby Sally won't let it out of her sight. Every time I try to use it, she freaks out until I give it to her. Sally prefers to carry her pacifiers and sippy cup in it.

3. In this post I talked about my fear of sending my 9-year-old daughter to a slumber-birthday party. So, Peppermint Patty went on her sleepover and she did just fine. Nary a phone call. As a matter of fact, when I went to pick her up the next morning she was still in her pajamas. The sleepover house was all girls, because the mom and dad are divorced and the brother went to sleepover at the dad's house. So, I felt a little bit better about that. Now I'm just dreading the phone call for the next sleepover.

4. And, in this post I talked about buying my new camera. Well, I ended up returning the camera to Best Buy and instead going to a local camera shop, where I get $10 worth of free prints every month for a year and a free class to teach me about using my camera. The camera cost $20 more but really, overall, it was a savings. And, I still have not downloaded even one of the pictures because I am too lazy or scared to put the software on my computer.

Now, I hope you can all sleep better at night. ha ha.

11 comments:

Sturgmom said...

So Baby Sally is into couture, huh? You may have trouble on your hands.

Souds like a great deal on the camera! I definitely need classes to learn how to use mine.

Nicole O'Dell said...

Nice recap/update and super cute purse er, I mean, pacifier case.

Megryansmom said...

I love a good bargain. I am the proud owner of a red leather Coach wallet that I scored for 25 cents at a garage sale! Sally has a good eye LOL

Aleta said...

Wait - hold up a moment. You got CLASSES with the camera??? I'm envious!

Jennifer said...

I am totally cracking up about Baby Sally walking around with a Kate Spade.

Karly said...

I'm sure that Baby Sally looks totally cool with the Kate Spade bag. :)

And you shouldn't need to add the software to upload your pictures. Just plug in your camera or card to your computer and windows will do the rest. Or iphoto if you have a mac. I don't ever use the crap software that comes with the cameras. :)

sassy stephanie said...

I'm cracking up. Long time ago, when my 8 yr old was little, I had this tiny fake Lois. She carried that thing EVERYWHERE. I would get some of the funniest looks from people.

stephanie (bad mom) said...

I know we're not in-person girlfriends plus I'm the UberLiberal to your UltraConservative, but I feel I can tell you how I am JUMPING FOR JOY that you chose a generous local camera store over a big box with sketchy discounts.

JUMPING FOR JOY! If next you write about giving up The Store That Shall Not Be Named, I might just faint with ecstasy. :D

Wendy said...

Baby Sally has style! Alright!

Loukia said...

Great update! I'm new to your blog so this helped fill me in on a lot! :) I can't believe you got a Kate Spade purse for the price of a Coke - you rock!

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

This is how bored I am, and please take that in the best possible way, I'm trying to be quiet so my husband can sleep late (read the truth: so I don't have to get started on a paper work filled day--school ends tomorrow for the kids), so I'm clicking on your "you might also like" link.

Aren't you flattered?