Monday, July 6, 2009

Gotta Love Feeling Inadequate

So I went to a new friend's house for 4th of July. While there, they fed us lovely hand-pattied angus beef hamburgers. On the side was a tomato-and-mozzarella salad with balsamic vinegar. But, the finishing touch was the basil that she put on top - basil that she went over to the plant growing in her bay window and clipped right off then put right on top of the salad.

My contribution: non-organic tomatoes and non-organic cucumbers, cut up, with Italian salad dressing on top.

I felt almost as inadequate as the time my kids told me they love my cooking. "What?" I said. "You always complain about my cooking!"

"Yeah, but you make the best ravioli! I love it so much!"

Here's my recipe for ravioli:

5 comments:

Jen said...

this made me laugh out loud. 'cause sometimes that it how I roll too.


Oh and I loved your previous post. So sad and so true. Make that hole big 'cause I am so there with you.

Shawn said...

Hey there----just visiting over from SITS...nice blog!


Have a good one....

Jennifer said...

Ha! That's great. And looks a lot like my "bestest" macaroni and cheese receipe, except it comes in a blue box.

jori-o said...

Hahaha! We went to the same cooking school (ha!)

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

I try to really pull out all stops when friends come over--it's not to make my guests feel less BUT to make them feel special. Odds are she might make ravioli the same as you--she brought out the special salad because she wanted you to feel special :)