Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I Guess I Don't Totally Suck

It never fails to amaze me when someone writes a comment and tells me that they like my blog. Not that I'm such a masochist that I think I'm not worthy of a compliment. Rather, I just think of all the random thoughts bouncing around my gray matter, then I picture them slipping out of my ears and trailing down my arms, right through my fingertips, and then PRESTO! There they are on the screen. Not one iota more sensible, but simply available for viewing by the general public.

Sometimes I'm typing, and I think... oh my good gracious, did I just really type that? I better hit the backspace....

And SO often I am typing, then typing some more, then I continue typing, and I see that little scroll bar on the left side of the compose box getting shorter and smaller and I wonder, whoa, how much have I really typed? And then I go back and delete about 60% of it because I noticed that I'm rambling and I have clearly made my point about 4 paragraphs back, therefore negating the necessity of further boring clarification about why I thought I had bedbugs (for example).

So, when I received an award from Heather today, I was so happy!
She writes, "I really like the no bullshit, tell it like it is parenting, advice, and overall words of wisdom" Aww, thanks! Every time I see that I've been able to drain my thoughts onto the page without offending someone or driving them away, I pump my fist into the air and shout a little "BOO YAH!"Actually, I shouldn't care how many people subscribe or follow me or whatever. But, as it turns out, Heather and a few more of you don't think I suck. Or at least you're not telling me. Or maybe you don't haven't figured out how to unfollow me, and please don't expect me to help you out on that one.

Okay, so, back to the award (the scroll bar is getting smaller so I'll try to wrap this up soon), here are the rules:

Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award, and his or her blog link. Pass the award to other blogs that you’ve newly discovered. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.


Really, I'm a creature of habit and I don't venture out of my little bloggy circle very often. Sometimes I do on SITS, sometimes I do on Entrecard, but in order to keep my Google Reader less piled up than my bill box, I don't stray too far from home.

BUT, here are a few of my new interests. Please check them out and leave a few comments.
Jeff and Me + Three - But really it's +Four very soon!
abdpbt - I have no idea what those letters are for. Let me know if you figure it out.
Burbmom - Awesome resource for families in the DFW area. Lots to learn and laugh at.
The Meanest Mom - If you're not already reading this, I betcha you subscribe.

And, if you're not subcribing to me yet, just go ahead and do it! You know you want to.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

I think you are awesome too.

McVal said...

Dang! Heather gave me that award too. I was going to pass it on to you... but I'll go down my list.
Congratulations!

Janie at Sounding Forth said...

I love your posts...but then again, we have Texas in common. Probably lots of other stuff, too!

I just don't do awards. And I lurk quite a bit.

Emily said...

Alright, alright...you convinced me. I'm officially following you now...as opposed to just stalking.
Congrats on your award.

texasholly said...

YEAH! thanks so much. I think this is our very first award...which makes it even more cool...

Thanks again!

Holly @ BurbMom.net - Google isn't wanting me to be from Burb Mom this morning

Jen said...

You are awesome and totally deserve this award. I love ya!

Anna See said...

Yay! I think you are terrific. No plans to un-subscribe in the future. xo

jori-o said...

Thank you so much! =) And I been followin' you for forever now...!

abdpbt said...

Thank you so much! So nice to get an award from you, and I'm excited to check out your blog!