Monday, July 20, 2009

My Breast Friend

We all have a few items in our closets that get neglected. Maybe it's the little dress that was one size too small, but too cute and too much of an incredible bargain to pass up. Maybe it's that funky jacket that caught your eye in the shop window, but now you're too afraid to actually wear it out in public. Whatever it is, it hangs there in your lonely closet, waiting to be picked for it's big day out on the town. Alas, that day never comes.

For me, it's my bras. Now, don't start to think I've gone all bohemian on you. No, no. With my prego puppies, I need all the support I can get. The problem is, I have this one favorite bra. I know, I shouldn't play favorites and I should give all my bras equal love and equal time. But this one particular bra is so comfortable. And, it has the perfect cut so that I can wear it with just about every kind of blouse or dress. And, it has convertible straps so I can even wear it with a halter top.

I am ashamed to say... this bra is probably at least 5 years old. That's the other thing about my breast friend: she is so loyal. She's starting to get pretty stretched out, and she's starting to show some wear, but her elastic is still pretty good.

And now, she's ruined me for all other bras. Every time I try to find a replacement, or at least a back-up so she can have a day off, no other bra ever measures up. No matter how much I'm willing to spend, every other bra will either accentuate my back fat, or give me the boobie muffin top, or looks like a bullet-proof vest.

So, as long as she is willing to have me, I guess I'll always keep her close to my heart. (ba dum bum)

12 comments:

Misadventurous Mommy said...

I have the exact same problem. It seems to be so hard for me to find one that I love that is comfortable enough to wear all the time so when I do I neglect the others too.

McVal said...

Me too! I was shopping a couple weeks ago for a flesh colored bra and grabbed the only one they had in my size. I didn't even try it on. Got home, tried it on and it fit perfectly! I LOVE IT!! Then I realized it's a nursing bra and my baby is 9 years old... Oh well.. my husband likes it...

Natalie said...

oh no. you will have to go on a mission to find another one just like it and then buy 4 cases!!!

i had a bra like that. it still makes me a little sad. see i love this bra sooooo much. the only draw back so far to loosing all of this weight. see my fav bra is made by layne briant and the SMALLEST size it comes in is a 42C. yeah, i think they should make them in smaller sizes just for me since i was so loyal when i was much larger. too bad my stomach won't shrink like my boobs have!!!

Jennifer said...

I can't believe it still looks that good after five years. When I find a bra I like I buy several at the same time so that I know I will have extras, and then when I go back I try to by that same style again.

Angel said...

i have two like that luckly I bought them both at the same time and they were the same type but it is now 6 years after the fact and they are almost gone. I hope you find a back up soon!

Jen said...

I recently had to part ways with my good friend but she was just not holding up any more.

Aleta said...

I know what you mean! I have favorites too. Heck, I'll even search for the type online and order them if I have to. They are so difficult to find, a good bra that makes a woman happy.

Wendy said...

You have a bra that has lasted for 5 years? That is a miracle. I'm lucky if mine don't self-destruct within 5 months!

stephanie (bad mom) said...

It is amazing that you've gotten it to last five years but damn, girl.

At the risk of making you even more envious of my glamorous life, let me just say - if you lived near me, I would be dragging you to Victoria's Secret every few months (when I got a new $10 off coupon) to peruse their stuff. Once I found the style I loved [that loved me back], I have been scooping new ones every season - always at least 2 neutrals, 2 darks, and a funky pattern to make me feel stylish & cool.

If you could even manage a visit, I would help you find perfection and you could buy a few to last...Stu says he'd panhandle to keep me in these bras; I'm sure your man would do the same. :D

Schmoochiepoo said...

I had one bra that actually gave me boobies. I wore it nearly everyday for 4 years until the constant wear and washing made it dissolve in the wash. I'm not ashamed to admit that I cried.

I am now back to being boobless. :(

Bridgett said...

Sigh. I'm a G cup right now (yes, they go to G--breastfeeding is amazing). Medela's nursing bras may ruin me for all other bras for the rest of my life, frankly....

Emily said...

A good bra is worth its weight in gold! My breasts friends have always been there for me...now, my actual breasts? Well, that's another (sad) story!