Saturday, August 22, 2009

If I Knew You Were Coming...

Today I was feeling really crappy. I consider myself to be a remarkably healthy person, usually. I have absolutely ZERO allergies to anything, I have never had mono/strep/ear infection/bronchitis, and I rarely even have the sniffles.

But today: runny nose, sneezing, weak. I guess I caught a summer bug. No biggie but no fun either.

To make my day just a WEE bit better, the kids were fighting like cats & dogs, so I went all Mommy Dearest on them and separated them, then barked out a laundry list of chores for them to do one at a time. So here I am, sniffling and coughing, forcing my eyelids to stay open, and snarling, "Put EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF CLOTHING where it goes neatly or so help me I will RIP everything out of your bureau and make you start all over again. And YES I'm going to check it when you're done."

No, I didn't check it.

Anyway, what does a normal person do when they're physically sick as well as mentally sick-and-tired? Bake a cake. Okay, maybe a normal person doesn't do that, but that's what I did. I have always loved to bake, ever since I was a little kid. For some reason, my mom always trusted me in the kitchen with an electric mixer and a hot oven. So, to give my day a little perk, I made a yellow Bundt cake with chocolate chips, and a gooey chocolate frosting. The frosting proved to be a bit runnier than I expected and the cake sort-of turned into a vanilla sponge, so now I have one very moist chocolately cake.

But it's gooooood.

9 comments:

Atlanta said...

Wow, that looks like evil deliciousness. And I love your Blog Title, because I wonder the same thing about every day. Or so... If you Check out my Blog I have a Mommy Dearest Post too a while back! Arent kids just GREAT!? Such little %$#!, I mean, blessings! Happy Saturday Sharfest! =) Like your blog, I migh even have to become a follower. ;)

Wendy said...

I have never read a blog post before that caused my tummy to growl.

And I don't have any yummy gooey cake here, either.

I hope you feel better soon!

jori-o said...

MMMMmmmm. Well, you must be psychic, because that's exactly what I would've told you to do to remedy your situation! =)

Hope you feel better soon!

Jennifer said...

Yum. That looks so good.

I kept that stuffy nose, yuck cold stuff when I was pregnant with both of my kids. It was like I couldn't breathe with either one of them. I hope you get better soon.

Angel said...

okay so I am not the only one then! I bake too. I have always feel better after I bake!

StaceyC4 said...

Wow, that's impressive. I don't even like to bake when I'm healthy! I have four cake mixes in the house plus two brownie mixes and I keep hoping that the baking fairy is going to come and bless me!

Hope you feel better!

Michelle said...

Get well soon! You could not get me to bake a cake in the heat when I was not feeling well. I hope it tasted yummy though.

ItsKelly said...

Yummy!! I hope you are feeling better!

Emily said...

Hope your feeling better. Now i'm off to make a cake...