Sunday, September 13, 2009

10 Things You Might Hate About My Blog

I have been using Entrecard* for a while to check out new blogs and also get my blog out there in the blogosphere. I ran across a cool site called "1o Things I Hate About Your Site". You might think it is an opportunity for somebody to just bash another person's blog or website, but I don't think it is. I believe it's a chance for an objective eye to look at a blog and give an honest opinion about the layout, readability, accessibility of links, use of color, attractiveness, etc.

Sometimes, after visiting a site that forces me to search for the posts after sifting through a zillion ads, or it takes 3 minutes to load because of some goofy video, I want to write a comment about it. But I never do, because I'm a big wuss. And, for all I know, some people think my site is annoying in one way or another.

So, I've asked the author of "1o Things" to review my blog. I hope it doesn't hurt too much!

And, go ahead... if you have a comment about how I can improve my site, let me have it. I think (I hope) I can take it!

*Entrecard is a community where people display a widget on their sidebar, allowing other Entrecard users to click on the widget, indicating that they have visited an Entrecard site. The widget displays another website from the Entrecard community. If you're interested, check it out. It's an easy and free way to network with other bloggers and website owners.

8 comments:

Foursons said...

I've read these sites before. They aren't nice very often. Can't wait to read the results!

Jennifer said...

I like your blog. The ones I hate the most are the ones that have music play after they are loaded and the ones that have so much crap/widgets that they take forever to load.

Gigi said...

Love your blog just the way it is. BTW, you've been given an award at my site - you can find it under "I'm Flabbergasted"!

McVal said...

I love your blog, but I have one request... Get me a faster internet connection. When I load your site, I try to read what you've written before the red background drops away and it's like playing the old game password! :P

One Creative Queen said...

I LOVE 10 Things I Hate - she's great. I can't wait to see what she says! xx

StaceyC4 said...

One of the things that I love about your blog is that I don't have to go through a mile of ads to read what you've written that day! I think I'd be afraid to get the opinion of an expert and have them say "Lose the picture of the ugly chick that's all over the page! She's making me sick!"

that would not make me feel good...

HaB said...

Sometimes it take a while for your background to load but other than that, I think things are fine!

Wendy said...

That is really cool. I'm going to muster up all my courage and try it.

Maybe.