Thursday, September 17, 2009

In A Moment

Hey everybody, Don't forget to come back tomorrow to participate in Flashback Friday! Just find an old post that you'd like to resurrect and repost it tomorrow. Get my fancy-schmancy button over there in my sidebar and post it on your site along with your recycled post. Then come back here and link up with Mr. Linky! WHEE!

***************************************************************************************

If you give a MOM a moment, she will
sign a permission slip
put a load of laundry into the washer
kiss a boo-boo
write a grocery list
brush her teeth
fill two pockets with stray Lego blocks
turn off all the lights
defrost meat for dinner

If you give a kid a moment, he/she will
squirt diaper cream all over the desk, and themselves
dump Kool-Aid on the carpet
eat a booger
learn how to unlock the front door and discover the street
give their bologna to the dog
put lipstick on their face (boys)
try to pee standing up (girls)

If you give a dad a moment, he will
take a nap

*************************************************************************************

This post inspired by Mamakat's Writing Workshop over at Mama's Losin' It

11 comments:

our b life said...

I totally agree with eating the booger thing. What is it about boogers kids love?

Jennifer said...

Ok. I totally love this and I did not even see it coming, but it is totally 100% true. And I get so mad when I walk through the living room and see him kicked back in the recliner while I run frantically through the house to try to contain the damage while the little sleeps and the big one watches cartoons.

Unknown Mami said...

Well that was just brilliant and absolutely accurate.

Jennifer said...

AND, you inspired me to do my own In A Moment.

Foursons said...

This is great! And so true. Love it.

Buggys said...

You are brilliant...you are a mom! I love this post. We are all loving it because it's so real and we can all identify.

Anna See said...

HA! This list is so true. Mine doesn't nap, but he will watch baseball.

Mom of Three said...

Lol. How true!

Debbie said...

Well now. You have everybody nailed! Great lists.

Karen said...

Ain't that the truth! LOL

Denise @ Sunflowers, Chocolate and Little Boys said...

Oh crap! I just took a nap....awkward! LOL