Sunday, September 6, 2009

What Freedom Means To Me

I don't want to imply that caring for my kids is like being in a jail. Actually, I think that having more kids has helped me appreciate how much I love kids. But I am a real person, a real human, a real adult. I don't wake up in the morning and say, "Good morning children! I would love to make you three separate breakfasts. And help you comb your hair. And clean up the pee on the floor next to the toilet. And have a conference with your teacher. And spend 90 minutes making a meal that you turn up your noses at, then dash away from the table in about 14 minutes flat. That is my idea of paradise!!!"

Today my husband left to visit his parents for a few days. He took Baby Sally with him, so while the kids are in school Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I will have my days FREE!!! Here are some thoughts I had about what I might be doing or not doing this week:

I might:
take an extra nap or two or three
make some more stamped cards for my Church craft fair
go to a movie by myself, and share my extra-buttery popcorn with no one
finally balance my checkbook after 5 months of neglect
get some things together for the big consignment sale
organize my photos on my computer
install and figure out how to use my webcam

I am going to try my hardest not to:
sit on the couch and watch t.v.
keep checking my e-mail
cleaning things that are already clean or don't need to be cleaned
shop aimlessly and spend a bunch of extra money
stay up late at night
miss my husband and my baby

Wish me luck!

13 comments:

Bridgett said...

I would totally wind up doing all the things on your avoidance list.

and a movie...all by yourself. That would be heavenly.

Michelle said...

Enjoy! I have 2 more weeks until I start my nanny job and my kids started school last week. It is hard not to get distracted and either watch too much TV or play computer too much. I have lots of projects to get done but hopefully can fit in a bit of relaxation too.

Miranda said...

I totally understand the "what will I do with my free time" sentiment!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest (a day late!)

Anna See said...

Have fun! I think the movie idea sounds PERFECT.

Janie at Sounding Forth said...

Enjoy your freedom, girl.

I've been relishing my time at home!

Vicki said...

I am SO wishing you good luck on this, but I am afraid the mommy is in all of us for good. So, if you find yourself at the store, supposedly shopping for yourself but picking out the perfect outfit for your child, it is okay, too! At least there isn't anyone whining while you do it!

KK said...

Definitely shoot for a good 3 naps a day!

Jen said...

I hope that you get to do all those things. Enjoy this time!

StaceyC4 said...

Enjoy your time! My kids are eight years apart so I do get some time alone from time to time. Unfortunately, I do not luxuriate in that time as I should. I spend a lot of time on the computer - playing games on Facebook.

I'm not proud of it, it's just what I do! Enjoy!!

Buggys said...

Wow, that sounds heavenly! Don't spend so much time worrying about wasting your time that it's all gone. Just do it!

Jennifer said...

Ahhhh quiet.... and you hope you don't end up cleaning. What's up with that? You overclean? I've never overcleaned anything in my life. That would have to be on my list of need to do's.

Jayne @ Misplaced City Girl said...

I hope you get to do as much on your list as possible!

:::visiting from SITS::

ItsKelly said...

Good luck! Whatever you do end up doing, I hope you enjoy it!