Thursday, October 22, 2009

Flashback Friday: Aunt Flo

Oh, Aunt Flo, how I've missed you.

OH MY GOOD GOLLY I WAS JUST KIDDING... DID YOU THINK I WAS SERIOUS???? Being pregnant has many advantages, and not having a period for about 9 months comes in at #2 on the list (#1 being the ability to frolic between the sheets with no necessity for conception control!) But, all too soon, I'll be facing Aunt Flo again. I am one of the lucky gals who will probably have my monthly friend come to visit for a long, long time, if my mom and my sister were any kind of familial pattern for me to follow.

So, to welcome back Aunt Flo's impending arrival next month, this Flashback Friday is dedicated to her. Enjoy!

And don't forget to link up your own Flashback Friday post too!



(Originally Posted 8/30/08)

Aunt Flo

WARNING: If you are a guy, you may choose to skip this post. Unless, of course, you want to be really in touch with your partners' monthly cycle.

Okay, girls, I just want to know one thing: Am I the ONLY one who would rather throw away her underwear, no matter how new or cute, than scrub/bleach/soak a pair of panties to remove those disgusting stains from that time of the month? I don't exactly buy La Perla. My speed is more like Hanes Her Way. So, my time is worth something, yes? And I already soak pee-sheets and scrub spit-up stains. I don't really want the added chore, ya know?

Also, am I the ONLY one who, no matter whether or not you know it's time for Aunt Flo to arrive, still forget to wear anything to protect said panties and end up ruining same said panties?

Here's a funny convo I had with Texan Papa after last month's visit from Aunt Flo:

TP: Umm, can you put your personal products away, like in the cabinet?

TM: Yep, sure, except during the week when I need them.

TP: Why can't you keep them put away all the time?

TM: Well, because when I'm sitting on the toilet, and need a PRODUCT, I can't exactly get up and move about the bathroom freely to fetch my products. Especially since I keep the products in the cabinet above the toilet which necessitates me STANDING ON THE TOILET to get them down. Besides, why does it matter?

TP: Because they're your personal products. I don't want to see them.

TM: YOU'VE BEEN MARRIED TO ME FOR 10 YEARS!!! Besides, what's the big deal? It's not like anyone else uses that bathroom besides us.

TP: Yeah. I use it. And I don't want to see that stuff. Can't you get that stuff down when you know you're going to need it?

TM: Well, sorry but I can't help ya. Unless of course YOU want to clean up little blood droplets off the carpet. You, not me. And you'll know where that blood came from.

TP: Just forget it.

TM: Yeah, that's what I thought you'd say.

7 comments:

Janie at Sounding Forth said...

Girl. Aren't men funny creatures?

Jennifer said...

I don't need those products anymore since I had the girly parts removed, but I still have some leftovers. I have a little package sitting in my laundry room from when I cleaned it out of the car (in case of emergency). For some reason every time Bud goes in there that is the first thing he grabs to play with. I have no idea why.

Stacie's Madness said...

haha, great flashback...

Bridgett said...

breastfeeding, baby! I'm on month 9; Sophia was 14 months free, Maeve was a whopping 17 months free!

Foursons said...

*sigh* Men.

Debbie said...

When I was breastfeeding, mine always returned way too soon. I felt cheated:)

stephanie (bad mom) said...

I'm thinking: DUDE, SERIOUSLY?

However - I do have my items in a cute round basket with a lid that fits exactly next to the toilet. So, handy yet out of sight.

But really, not worth a discussion.