Monday, October 26, 2009

I'm a Stalker

Okay, I should just face it: I am a stalker.

No, not really. But when I heard that this bloggy friend is coming to Dallas in December, I pretty much jumped off my upside-down-plastic-tub-being-used-as-an-office-chair! And when I begged her to meet up with me, she didn't politely decline (or shrink away in nervous caution). She was all like, "Heck yeah I'll meet up with you!" Immediately I began to plan what I would wear, being about 10 days post-partum and nursing a baby and still harboring plenty of pregnancy belly. Still trying to decide between sequins and rhinestones.

And THEN, oh joy of joys, I found out that my super bloggity hero is coming to Dallas for a Cowboys game in November. Even though I could hardly contain my insane need to meet her for the first time, she agreed - optimistically - to meet me. Yet another wardrobe challenge, as it will be 2 days before my scheduled induction. So I will be so over-the-top (or should I say, beyond-the-front) pregnant that 90% of even my extra-largest maternity clothes will be stretched to the limit. I guess I should start searching now for an attractive tent. With either sequins or rhinestones, of course.

See? This is what the blogosphere is all about. Making connections. And then, as if by magic, the online connections become human connections.

I can't wait. I hope I don't wet my pants.

9 comments:

Wendy said...

You ARE a stalker. I'm not telling you when I go to Dallas.

Kidding. I avoid Dallas at all cost. The traffic! The crowds! My butthead brother-in-law! It's all too muuuccchhhh!

Well, anyway. If you're ever headed south on I-45, come say Hi. Despite what people say about me, I'm mostly nice.

Jennifer said...

I was just wishing earlier today about meeting up with other bloggers. That would be so much fun. I wonder if Wendy would mind if I stalked her in Houston.....

Michelle said...

How exciting!

Jen said...

Meeting bloggers in real life is awesome!!!! I think that I should make a trip to Texas some time. :)

Anna See said...

Super fun! I got to meet Stacey last year in DC. What a treat! Have fun and do your Kegels to avoid complete loss of bladder control.

Elaine A. said...

How wonderful that you will get to meet them both and that they are coming to you! Have fun!!

stephanie (bad mom) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stephanie (bad mom) said...

I'm so excited that you're so excited! I still think it's weird that I'm your hero though. But I am flattered; thank you :D

P.S. I do not care what you're wearing - all of your pictures are adorable, and I think you're a rock star for parenting/incubating 5 children. I also do not care if you wet your pants.

See you soon!

Christine said...

I have only gotten to meet up with one other blogger so far. They are scarce in the sticks where I live. But you can bet your britches I want to meet up if and when i get to Dallas....and I will bring my own supply of babysitters for your kids, LOL.