Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random Thoughts Tuesday


Yes, I know it's Wednesday. WOO HOO Hump Day!!! I love to say that. But, anyway, I know Random Thoughts Tuesday was yesterday, but Tuesday was kinda like Monday because of Columbus day, so this counts right?
***********************
Do you think wheelchair races are only for paraplegics? I mean, just because a person is competing in a wheelchair race doesn't mean they necessarily are in a wheelchair the rest of the time. Do you think a normally-functioning adult could participate in the wheelchair race? Maybe there's a person out there with really excellent upper body strength who can really get a wheelchair movin. Who knows?
***********************
Why does Elmo always refer to himself in the 3rd person? Like "Elmo loves his goldfish. His crayon too. That's Elmo's World." But it's Elmo who's singing it. Doesn't Sesame Street think that will confuse kids? Maybe it's a marketing tactic, to get the word "Elmo" said as many times as possible. Come to think of it, that might be a fun college drinking game: Watch Sesame Street and everytime the word "Elmo" is said you have to drink.
***********************
Linus wants to be Jesus for Halloween. Seriously. He wants to carry a big cross and everything. Would that be heresy?

That's what I'm thinking about today. You're probably asleep by now, right?

11 comments:

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Jesus? For real?? Did you ever see the movie DROP DEAD GORGEOUS? The scene where Denise Richards performs her talent? She sings It's Just too Good to Be True and then she dances with a dummy of Jesus nailed to a cross. It is so tacky, but so funny and I think Linus being Jesus would not go over very well with the masses.

KEEP BELIEVING

Fantastic Forrest said...

Which Jesus does he want to be?

You do know there are several choices:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuAUI_0knfk

Texan Mama @ Who Put Me In Charge said...

OMG that youtube link is hilarious. I've never seen that movie.

But, to answer your question, I think the grown-up bearded Jesus.

Although, he's also talked about being Adam, but we told him that would only be basically a thong with a leaf in the front, and it will probably be too cold for that.

Fantastic Forrest said...

I think there were additional scenes where the two actors riffed on the types of Jesus - you'd have to check the outtakes. :)

Angel said...

Wow Jesus?? Really? I don't think that would work to well here...
As for the Elmo, I mentioned your idea while sitting in the student center before class and now half of my friends want to get a bottle of something and watch sesame street so yup it would work fine as a college drinking game!

Kerri said...

Like Jesus, seriously? Or like Jesus, mockingly? I'm not sure I would want my child parading around as Jesus unless we were going to a church carnival or something. I would hate for people to think that he was mocking the Lord...but by the same token, if he reeeaaally wants to, as a faith thing...go for it!
Thanks for stopping by my blog!
Kerri
www.sickofmg.blogspot.com

Emily said...

Hm, this is random! I've never actually thought about wheelchair races. Elmo used to drive me nuts but now I think of find him endearing. And that's funny about Jesus...I wouldn't know what to do!

Jennifer said...

I would ask him why he wants to be Jesus and then explain that really isn't appropriate (if you think it isn't) and then see if he would want to be someone else, like David or Moses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
They do it so kids will learn Elmo as one of their first words and then drive their parents insane saying it all the time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm pretty sure the other parapalegics wouldn't like it if some that didn't need a wheelchair signed up for a race. Not cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I like hump day too. But I like today even better because I'm off tomorrow.

Bridgett said...

I'm kinda with Jennifer. Even St. Paul would go over better, I think. There are many bearded men with robes on to choose from. When I taught at St. Joans, for halloween everyone had to either come in uniform or come dressed as a saint--no traditional halloween costumes allowed. Lots of robed bearded men.

Elmo. I HATE Elmo. That was the sign for me that CTW had lost their souls.

Foursons said...

Elmo talking in the 3rd person totally screws up the kids. I can't stand that!

And go for it- let him be Jesus!

stephanie (bad mom) said...

Wow, I feel like quite the heretic in your comment section - when I read about your son wanting to be Jesus, I immediately thought "Right on!" I mean, keep it cool in the blood department but geez, I think it's a lot better than zombie cheerleaders and sexy nurses (not that he would want to be either of those, just a demonstration of stupider ideas).

So. That's all I've got.