Sunday, November 22, 2009

Let's Get It Started...

Okay, bring on the contractions. I'm ready.

Well, I'm as ready as a person ever can be to squeeze out an 8+ pound oddly-shaped being from my girly parts. Accompanied by pains that make getting a bikini wax sound like a cocktail party. For 12 hours. Followed by a period that lasts like 3 weeks.

Good times.

But anyway. With all 4 of my children I have been induced. Actually with Sally, I went in for induction and they used some gel to soften my cervix but didn't end up needing to use the Pitocin because I went into labor after that. So, I've never naturally just gone into labor. I have often wondered what that's like, and if I'd even know it if it were happening. I have cramps on and off all day long, and have been for a few weeks now. If I went into labor, I'd probably just write it off as cramps and then I'd be totally screwed. You see, when it comes time for me to push, that's the easy part for me. With Sally, I literally pushed, like, 2 times. Which, if I had to really think about it, is a sad statement about what has happened to my body.

Again, digressing. Sorry.

So, today I have my good friend and next-door-neighbor, who just happens to be a massage therapist, coming over to give me a massage. She's told me that she knows all the pressure points to hit that will bring on labor. Plus I've read about an herb called Black Cohosh, which can help induce labor. Who knows if it will work or not? But I'm giving it a try. Plus I've been eating salsa and kung pao chicken every day. Plus I've been quite frisky in the boudoir, if you must know. Yeah, I know, TMI.

And, if nothing else works, I am actually scheduled to go in for induction tomorrow (Monday). But it would be SO nice if I could get labor started so I don't have to be hooked up to the pitocin all day long. I mean, what would I possibly do all day? Oh yeah, I'll have my laptop with me...

12 comments:

McMommy said...

Same thing happened to me with Carter...I never needed the Pitocin because 2 applications of that gel did the trick all on its own!

That sounded gross. Sorry.

Just wanted to wish you luck!! I can't believe the day is here already!!

Bridgett said...

I've done it both ways--the first was induced, the second was not (and the third was a scheduled c-section but anyway). The second labor was gentle, long, and wonderful. The first was horrifying...but your mileage obviously may vary.

OHmommy said...

Wait!!!!!!!!!!

You just announced that you were pregnant. How could you be ready to deliver? Your pregnancy flew by, for me. LOL

Foursons said...

Good luck! Can't wait to see and hear about the new little bundle!

Karly said...

Oooh! I can't wait for pictures!! Good luck!

Jennifer said...

I'm so happy for you guys. I can't wait to see pics of little Violet.

Ms. Diva said...

Good luck!! And congratulations!!

I'm here from SITS and I love your blog! I recently visited Texas for the first time (San Antonio) and I loved it! I'm trying to talk the family into moving!!!

Jen said...

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

Mommymel said...

Was thinking of you at 3 am whilst feeding my little darling... said a prayer for you today that everything goes smoothly and you have a great birth. Hugs, Blessings and Congratulations!

Stacie's Madness said...

GOOOOD LUCK TODAY!

Bear and Bones Mama said...

Oh good luck! I was lucky never to need any thing with either boy. And I love labor stories, so if you're ok with it do tell! I'm thinking of you today, sending happy birthing vibes. I don't even know you and I wish I could be there to help out!

J said...

Ack, I was offline a few days and I see from Twitter that you've had the baby already, but I wanted to comment don't bother wondering if black cohosh would have worked - it did nothing for me & I took it in copious amounts!!