Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Trepidation

Do you ever remember a time when you embarked on a project, only once you're in it so deep that you can't get out of it you end up saying to yourself.

"Uh, why did I do this again? Is it too late to turn back?"

It's bad enough that I don't feel well. Sore throat still burning from last week (Linus and I both had Strep Throat). On top of that, my nipples feel like they've been filed on by a Dremel. And, of course, the best way to deal with that is to have the baby eat MORE. And I'm on very limited sleep. And, I'm looking forward to going home to a house of 2 adults, 1 dog, and 4 additional children.

Oh, and of course, the pile of bills and papers that still need to be dealt with from my wallet getting stolen.

Violet (Amy) is perfect and amazing. Still, I want to go hide in a hole.

1 day down, about a million more to go...

9 comments:

McVal said...

Oh dear! I guess I hadn't read that you'd had your wallet stolen too! Wow! What a week you've had!

jori-o said...

Girl, I'm jsut a few weeks ahead of you--being in the hospital with a family at home is ROUGH. It gets better, though. TRY (hahaha!) to get some sleep. It will get better, I promise! =)

Take care of YOU! And congrats again!

Small Town Mommy said...

What a week! It only gets better. This time is hard, but that is why they created bad TV. Take care of yourself and remember pamper, pamper, pamper!

Jennifer said...

Get the anti-anxiety/depressant medication now, before you leave the hospital. Just make them give you something safe so you can still breastfeed. Then you won't care about all of that stuff. Except maybe the nipple thing. I don't know what to tell you about that.

Sturgmom said...

Do you have anyone who can come stay with you for a few days? ANd, if nothing else, know that this, too, shall pass!

Emily said...

Praying for you!!! It will get easier and better...

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

God won't give you what you can't handle.
Just take a deep breath and enjoy this moment.
Can't believe you have already added her to the side bar :0

Anna See said...

You can do this! You can do this!

I'm praying for you.

xo

anymommy said...

These first few weeks are SO impossibly hard. Thinking of you. Do what you can. Leave the rest. Cuddle her close. XO.