Monday, December 14, 2009

Just Hit Delete

Okay... here goes...

I love you all to pieces. But my Google Reader is approaching 250 unread messages. I can't stand to look at that number anymore.

So, I'm going to do it. I'm going to "Mark All As Read". Even though it's a big lie. I haven't read them all! I haven't even looked at them. I'm sure that every single post is awesome, and witty, and thought-provoking. But I just have to draw the line. Either I read all 250 messages, or I pay bills.

And, what it really all boils down to is this: If I ignore you, JUST THIS ONCE, I think you might forgive me. If I ignore Visa, they aren't as nice. As a matter of fact, they are sonsabit**es.

It's like ripping off a Band-Aid...

Okay, here I go...

8 comments:

Foursons said...

NNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooooooooooo!

Jen said...

*sigh* I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

Love you.

Jennifer said...

Go for it. It will only hurt for a minute. I promise that nothing I've written in the last week was that thought provoking. Although my post today was pretty darn funny.

Anna See said...

feel free to ignore me! xo, anna

Sturgmom said...

FOr future reference, you can click on the little arrow NEXT to "mark all as read" and it gives you some options, like "older than 1 day, "older than 1 week," etc.

Emily said...

Do it! Do it! I've done it become and the feeling of freedom immediately following is awesome! :)

Momlissa said...

I have 322 unread blog posts. I think I may have to hit that button as well.

I just gave you an award on my blog

http://3kidsin2yrs.blogspot.com/2009/12/happiness.html

Swizz said...

I've done it before, and feel like doing it again! I sat down for over an hour last night trying to catch up and still have over 200 in my list. WHAT!?! (Okay, so that is how I'm JUST reading your post...)

This has been such a crazy time that you can't help just letting go a bit. And if any of it was TRULY important to you personally, someone will tell you...personally.

So hit that delete button, sit back, and enjoy the 10 minutes you have before someone posts something you just HAVE to read!