Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Random Thoughts Tuesday


Howdy. Here it is, Tuesday, and I don't have many coherent thoughts circling around in my brain. All my brain cells are focused on feeding the baby, counting the number of poopy diapers I change each day, counting hours between feedings, and trying to keep track of my older childrens' homework assignments. And, in my spare time, I think I'm going to potty train Sally, just for shits and giggles.

Gah, my life is glamorous.

So, Random thoughts. Here's what I've got:

1. Mullets. Do you think that when Mullets were popular, back in the mid-eighties (Business in the front, party in the back... I just love saying that! tee hee), do you think they were called mullets? Like, "Hey there, bitchin' hairdresser. Give me a mullet! Gag me with a spoon!"

2. Potty Posture. I've noticed that when I sit on the potty, I perch my tootsies up on the balls of my feet. So, my heels don't rest on the floor. I don't know why. Maybe it's my inability to relax, even when using the toilet. Maybe it's a learned posture from childhood when my feet couldn't reach the floor. Maybe it's because I'm always in a hurry to get done so that I can check on how much of the house has been destroyed in the 13.4 seconds I am behind a closed door, without eagle-eye view of my children. Whatever the reason, I feel I have just crossed the line from "interesting" to "eww. TMI"

3. Why do some TV shows do their season premiere in January? I hate that. Why can't they just premiere in September like everyone else? Have I mentioned how much I am anticipating season 6 of Lost?

Now, go visit Keely to check out other people's randomness. Certainly I'm not the only one whose thoughts are this scattered.

9 comments:

Jen said...

You really do have minimal brain cells, don't you. LOL!

Thanks for making me smile.

Lisa@verybusymomwith4 said...

Mullets---ugh, I too wonder what was going through people's heads--and now that new 'reverse mullet' is bugging me :0

Foursons said...

I do the same thing with my feet. :)

Karen said...

Gotta keep my feet out of the dribbles my hubby leaves. Now, THAT is TMI! LOL

Jennifer said...

Potty Training?! Have you completely lost your mind?! How old is she? I'm so, so, so not looking forward to go through that again.

Emily said...

Fabulous random thoughts! And I'm so with you on premiers in January. What else really ticks me off is when show's start in Sept. and then take a freaking 3 month hiatus in November! Sheesh! And I'm ready for lost too. (sorry for the rant!)

Sturgmom said...

Potty training? I'm pretty sure you must be on the verge of a suicidal death wish. DO NOT put that on your plate right now. And that is an ORDER, young lady!

And I hate January premiers and shows that don't run full seasons. What happened to the days when everything started in Sept., ran to Dec., started back in Jan. and ran through May? Let's get back to that.

anymommy said...

I already knew you were brave and amazing...but potty training right now. I bow to that courage ;-)

Kacie said...

YES I am beyond excited about LOST.