Friday, January 22, 2010

Breakfast

Okay, remember what I wrote yesterday? That stuff about stretching myself and trying new things?


Well, today I'm going to participate in the 100-Word-Challenge as hosted by Velvet Verbosity . The idea is to write on a given prompt, using exactly 100 words. This week's prompt is "breakfast".


Okay, so here goes. Please don't throw rotten tomatoes.


A baby bird is waking up. The sun starts to rise but her eyes are still closed from the previous night’s slumber. Her cry can’t be called a chirp; it’s more akin to a raspy squeak or a faint screech. Her hunger is evident in her tiny voice. She’s desperate and doesn’t care who knows it. Now! I need food now! No, I can’t wait even one more moment. Put the food right into my mouth, Mama. The morning sun now blankets her with warmth, and I draw my baby bird close to my breast as I feed her breakfast.


6 comments:

PattiKen said...

Lovely. I've had some baby birds of my own, and those cries of hunger are pretty insistent. I'm glad you have joined in the fun.

JennyMac said...

LOVE this. Well done on the 100 word challenge.

stephanie (bad mom) said...

Ohhh, lovely.

I especially like the words you chose for your baby bird's voice.

Foursons said...

Great job and a totally different way to take that prompt than I would have done. :D

Life with Kaishon said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. I love little baby birds.

Imperfect Stepford Wife said...

What a beautiful family you have.

I love birds especially the babies, but learned the hard way that they are best looked at from afar. I had the worse allergies when I had budgies.

Thanks for stopping by via SITS. Have a grat week-end.