Thursday, January 7, 2010

Flashback Friday: Getting to Know Texan Mama

Hey Y'all! WOOT WOOT! It's the return of Flashback Friday!!!
1581884212_57276dd550_o
C'mon and play along! It's tons of fun.

I picked this post because I reread it and thought, Damn I *do* have some funny moments every once in a blue moon. And then I realized that often time I'm the only one who gets my humor. So maybe I'm funny, maybe I'm not. But at least the clowns in my head are laughing...

**crickets chirping**

So, before these guys in white jackets carry me off to my padded room, won'tcha read my post and then link up with your own Flashback Friday post? See the Mr. Linky right down there? He's friendly - he won't bite.



Originally posted Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Interview With a Non-Vampire

Yes, I am the Non-Vampire.

So, Chris over at Coke on my Keyboard answered some interview questions, and invited someone else to be interviewed by her.

Yes, I am that sucker. Because, no, I can't handle people not paying attention to me.

I just really loved Horshack and Screech. They are kindred spirits.


anyhoo..


On with the interview questions!


1. What is your greatest achievement?
Not poking myself in the eye repeatedly when attempting to potty train my children. It is the one task of parenting that I hate. the. most.

2. If you could live anywhere in the world (and leaving behind family wasn't an issue) where would you live and why?
Ireland. It is so beautiful, and they speak English. I can barely work with one language, let alone master another. As it is, when I spent my semester abroad there, I could tell when the natives were ridiculing me in Gaelic.

3. What prompted you to start a blog?
A very desperate need to make people pay attention to me. No, seriously, I was in a new town with no friends and no one to talk to and I had just SO much to say. So, I figured, why not tell the internet. There must be SOMEONE out there who cares... And look! You really DO care! At least I hope so anyway.

4. Without thinking in terms of money, what would your dream job be?
Ice cream taster. Mattress tester. Scuba equipment tester. Personal shopper.

5. Let's say that on your 80th birthday, all of your family, friends AND "enemies" gather together. Each person is given the opportunity to stand up and talk about you. What sort of things would they say?
That girl has great legs but a pancake booty.

6. What quality do you find most important in a friend?
Sarcasm without pessimism

7. What do you think your children will be when they grow up?
Peppermint Patty - teacher or someone who works with small children
Charlie Brown - non-litigating attorney, engineer, scientist
Linus - Skydiving instructor, Bungee cord tester, Rock climber, get a job in the circus being shot out of a canon
Baby Sally - organizational guru

8. After the children are all grown and moved out, what do you think a normal week will be like?
Now, "normal" is a subjective term. I will probably travel a lot to visit my kids and (hopefully) grandkids. I will leave exactly ONE DAY before I overstay my welcome and move onto the next kids' house. Texan Papa will be gone fishing all the time so he won't miss me.

9. Cats or dogs???
I like both and both have their benefits. If it were just me I'd say cats, but Texan Papa is really allergic so I guess I'd go with dogs. BUT no way in hell would a dog ever darken our doorstep if it had hair in the front of its mouth (like with a Scottie) that gets all nasty when drinking from its waterbowl or eating its food. That shit is just disgusting.

10. If you could only choose to own one of these things, what would you choose & why? Car, computer, television, pen & paper or 5 books of your choosing.
I'd choose the books. No matter how many times I read a book, I always find new things about it I like. I wish I read more and were on the computer less, so being forced to choose would be a good thing for me. And, one book for sure I'd choose is the bible because I've always wanted to read it in entirety but never have done it.

THERE! I did it! I got through all the questions and I didn't make a total ass of myself. Well, maybe you should be the judge of that.
Now, if you'd like to be interviewed by me just tell me so in the comments and I'll shoot you some questions! But I can't promise they will be fair questions. I play dirty like that.

7 comments:

McVal said...

I love Ireland too! We've been there twice with kids. Spending a whole semester there would have been heaven!
Ciamar a tha tu?

Jennifer said...

So have you started potty training Baby Sally yet. I know you were thinking about it. One of the teachers the other day told me that Bud might be ready. But the real question is whether or not I am ready.

Foursons said...

Great answers! I'd like Ireland too, but how is the food? I thought it was bland for some reason.

Gay Vaughan said...

If you are the last one to post...every train needs a caboose!! Stopping in from SITS...very funny blog.

texasholly said...

I would have to agree almost 100%...weird!

Swizz said...

I would LOVE you to interview me! Please, please choose me! I'm new in MY town, have few friends and need to stretch myself as well.

(I didn't overdo it, did I?) ;o)

Ellen Stewart (aka Ellie/El/e/Mrs. Seaman) said...

When did you stop doing this?

...this is a safe place to admit I have never watched one moment of Saved by the Bell...isn't it? Not one moment. Yet, I do know who Screech is.