Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I Wonder

I wonder how many books the library gets returned to them with wavy, wrinkly pages after being dropped into the tub...

I wonder how many people would actually pay $4 for a rubber band to put around their money and credit cards in lieu of a wallet. Seriously? $4 for a rubber band?

I wonder if Violet is going to be my last baby or if God has other plans for me that I'm not yet aware of.

I wonder if, by the time I ever get back to teaching, if they'll still want me. Or if I'll even be employable.

I wonder when my Christmas decorations will get put away.

I wonder what my kids talk about when I'm not around.

I wonder what I'm going to make for dinner tonight.

Sometimes I wonder if, when my name and number pop up on someone's caller I.D., they say, "Oh shit I really don't want to talk to her. She's annoying." Not that I think I'm annoying, but really, the annoying person NEVER thinks they're annoying, do they?

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

I would talk to you if you called me. Some time this summer I need to make a road trip. I just need a good fake reason to go up there to convice David it is a good idea.

McVal said...

My tree is still up... We started taking down the decor but it's going slow... Maybe by this weekend.
Good luck!

Amber Page Writes said...

I also wonder how many library books get returned with smeared food stains on them. Or am I the only one who reads over lunch?

Foursons said...

Haha- that last one cracks me up. $4 rubberband? I'm gonna have to google that.

Sturgmom said...

I am curious about the last one for myself.

stephanie (bad mom) said...

I imagine I can be pretty annoying...And I would probably pay $4 for a cool rubberband.

I'm glad you didn't ask these things before we met. Because you probably wouldn't have wanted to meet ;)

sanjeet said...

My tree is still up... We started taking down the decor but it's going slow... Maybe by this weekend.

Work from home India