Friday, January 29, 2010

One of those days

Do you ever have one of those days when you feel shitty, and you want someone to hug you? But you don't want to ask for the hug, you just want it given to you?

That's today.

One of those days when you don't want to make dinner, and you don't necessarily want anyone else to make it either. You just want everyone to be happy with not having any food.

That's today.

A day when you look and see, around every turn, another unfinished project or pile that needs to be sorted or box that needs to be taken to Goodwill.

That's today.

Tomorrow will be better, I'm sure. But today, I've had to slay dragons (aka deal with the dental insurance bastards) and play the jester (aka amuse a tantruming two-year-old). Remind me again, when do I get to be queen?

9 comments:

Sugar said...

Hugs
Dinner delivered
Errands run
All done virtually from me to you!
Hang in there!

Amber Page Writes said...

Oh boy. The only solution is to hand over the kingdom to the hub when he gets home and go to bed. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Gigi said...

Oh boy! Do I know what you are talkin' about!! Why can't they understand when hugs are needed (without being told)? ::sigh:: Send everyone (including yourself) to bed early and tomorrow will be better!

Jennifer said...

That's like my every day. Today the kids had TV dinners and I ate pb&j. The laundry needs to be loaded and folded. I just want to go to bed.

Anna See said...

Hope you get some rest and relief! Hugs to you.

Foursons said...

Delegate hubby to get up tomorrow with the kids and sleep in on Saturday morning. You'll feel like a new woman!

stephanie (bad mom) said...

You ARE the queen, you're just doing a little dirty work like Elizabeth I used to have to do...

Here's to a better tomorrow, I hope <3

Wendy said...

John's grandmother once met his grandfather at the door crying, "I don't wanna be a mom anymore!"

It was the 50s, they had no air conditioning, it was about 100 degrees, and she had two small children throwing up every where & with diarrhea.

We call these the "I don't wanna be a mom anymore" days.

I don't think we get to be queen until they've all moved out. Then we get to sit and survey the kingdom we created.

Sturgmom said...

{{{HUGS}}} Can I just say that the thought of getting three kids ready tomorrow morning kind of makes me feel like crying. I think I'm hormonal, but knowing that doesn't make me feel any less beat down by mommyhood. Wish we lived closer and could commiserate IRL together.