Saturday, January 30, 2010

Things I'm Loving Right Now

Things I'm loving right now, and why:

1. This potty chair.

I have always claimed that I'm not a "bells and whistles" girl. But I swear, once I tried this potty seat I can now guarantee that it is worth the money. Granted, I got it free from a friend, but if I had to buy one all over again I would buy this one, no matter what the cost is. There is a sensor inside it that sounds a musical congratulatory song when pee is put into the potty. So, if Sally pee-pees when I'm not looking, I still hear the song go off and I go into my freakishly insane potty dance! YOU PEED ON THE POTTY! YOU ARE AWESOME!!! SOON YOU'LL BE DOING QUANTUM PHYSICS TOO!!! YOU ARE THE SMARTEST CHILD ON THE PLANET!!! etc. You know, the whole praise thing.
(By the way, NO that's not a turd on the floor. It's a little miniature skateboard.)

2. Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
No one else in my family likes them except me. Too bad for them. Oh so good for me.


3. Lactose-Free Reduced Fat Milk.
(Angelic Choir singing) Halelujah! I love milk but little Baby Violet, not so much. Dairy products make her tummy hurt and I'm still breastfeeding. So, I'm still off cheese, sour cream, yogurt, etc. But milk? I can drink this milk and it doesn't affect her! This makes #2 above so much better.
4. YOU! Thank you my bloggy friends for lifting my spirits yesterday. Really, I was just in a momentary funk. You know... when you give your kids chocolate milk and they say I wanted Kool-Aid. Or, you get out an extra roll of toilet paper, just to be prepared, then it falls into the toilet. You know what I mean. Just one of those days...

But today is better already. Now, I just have to get through the rest of the weekend with Texan Papa working all weekend long. It's just me and the natives. And they're restless. Yea. I better go get another Oatmeal Raisin cookie...

4 comments:

Sugar said...

Yay, Yay, Yay!
Your day got better! WHEW!
That was a close one! Have a cookie and some delicious milk and enjoy your Saturday afternoon. Texan Papa will be home soon. :)

Jennifer said...

I broke out the potty today just to get him familiar with it. My mom tells me that in no way is Bud ready. What she doesn't know is that he has already pulled down his pants, taken his diaper off and sat on hit all by himself. His diaper was full of poop when he did it, but still. He did it.

Foursons said...

So has he come home? Are you having your night off? Oatmeal raisin cookies sound divine to me!

Janie at Sounding Forth said...

I love oatmeal raisin cookies.

love em, love em, love em.